Monday, January 12, 2015

Cutest Little "Brace Face!"

 
Back in the Spring, my Sis-in-law (dental hygienist)
recommended we take Julia to an Orthodontist for early intervention with her jaw.
I immediately got her scheduled with Dr. Coleman.
After he did some xrays and an exam on Sis, he said it was a good thing we came in early.
Julia has a super narrow and small upper jaw.
She had a slight underbite, with her front teeth end on end.
She had almost completely ground down her little front teeth.
Julia would need two sets of braces - 
one now, and another when she is the boys age - Jr. high or so.
Dr. Coleman fit her for an expander to open up her jaw, which was placed in early October.
We had been turning that thing 3 days a week for the last 2 1/2 mos.
I couldn't believe how fast it started to change her jaw.
I had forgotten Garrett's expander had moved him rather quickly too.
Soon, Julia had a little gap in her front teeth, and her side profile had started to change,
along with her speech.
Sis's S sounds always sounded a little lispy because of the way her jaw sat.
That has improved so much now with there being more room.
On January 6th, she had her appointment to get her first set of braces.
They only placed four in the front up top, 
until more teeth come down and they can put a bracket on them.
She was super excited to get them on and I have to admit.....
she looks pretty dang cute in them!
 
 
 
 
 She picked two different shades of teal for her elastics in honor of Marli.
Coleman's office said they are having a hard time keeping Marli's color in stock.
I love that. Very sweet!
Sis......you sure make Braces look good!  Here's to the next 10 months or so!
Ty was in for his regular check up just before Julia had her appointment.
Our dear friend Wendy Franklin was the one who worked on his teeth.
While she was helping Ty, Austy and I were sitting on the bench near them watching.
Austy leaned over to me and said, "Mom!  I need a check up too.....on my's belly!"
Ha ha!
Wendy heard him and before we knew it, she let him hop up in a chair,
gave him a mirror to see, and brushed his teeth and did a check up!
She let him have his own pair of gloves!
He thought that was pretty neat!
Thank you Wendy for checking Austy's "Belly!"
 

No comments: