Thursday, January 22, 2015

Keeping a Record

Growing up, my Dad had a record player in our study,
with large speakers.
We used to play music and sing and dance to old records!
I remember one record in particular, had a song on it titled
"Looks Like I'm the Only Sinner Left in Salt Lake City!"
We'd laugh while singing the words.

As I look at my little blog list of friends,
and as I make a new post here and there.....
I can't help but change the words to the song to....
"Looks Like I'm the only blogger left in Salt Lake City."
Ha ha!
I'll admit, I used to LOVE blogging.
I'd think about my posts.
I'd take pictures just for a certain post.
I'd look forward to comments and reading my friends posts.
Then.....Instagram came along.
I have loved that way of keeping in touch with others.....
just through pictures and very little words.
I love seeing pictures of my friends and family.
I love keeping in touch with long lost friends and renewing friendships.
Blogging took a back seat for me for a while.
Before I knew it, I was playing catch up for about 6 months worth of memories.
While I love Instagram, and other Social Media sites,
blogging is the only true Social Media way to really journal through 
words, pictures and dates,
aside from your good-old fashioned journaling, of course.
I have a true testimony of journaling which I am sure I have shared before,
but I'm grateful for these fun ways to do so through the help of technology.
I was reminded just the other day of it's importance and I'm so grateful
that these memories are preserved for my family.
I have each year of our blog loaded into the Blurb software so that I always have a back up.
When money allows, I order the books.
So far we have from 2008-2011 on our coffee table.
I got a gift card for Christmas, so 2011 just got delivered the other day.
We look forward to these books coming.
Garrett was even willing to walk out to the mailbox to get it for me.
He then sat down and looked through the whole thing for a while.
Julia wanted her turn next.
I love it. I love our memories, and I love capturing it all as often as we can.
I also love that the kids love looking back and reminiscing as well.
I need to hurry and finish organizing 2012-2014 in the software
and find enough cash sitting around to get them here quick!
These are treasures to me.
I hope the kids will enjoy looking over their pages for years to come.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I have felt the same way Sarah. I have been unable to access my blog for a few months. Also I tried to comment on this at some point and it wouldn't let me sign in. I have it fixed now though, so hopefully I can rejoin the blogging world, because I too love keeping my family record this way. Even if I am the only one that reads it. Also I would love more info on what company you use to print yours. I have wanted to print mine, but don't know where to begin. Keep writing. I love reading about your cute family. :)