Sunday, June 28, 2015

Gone Are The Lazy Days of Summer.....

We have been on the go since the very last day of school.
When I first sat down to plan our calendar for the summer,
it seemed somewhat overwhelming that each day 
had something on it and was filling up fast.
The older the kids get, the busier we are and I find myself longing for the 
days when they were little, and life seemed more carefree.
But, on the same hand, I am loving this stage we are in and all that the kids are doing.
Of course, finally being summer, we had to take a night out to Lagoon.
Garrett and Ty both had "Better" plans, but Sis and Aust were game!
 
 
 
We started right off with Garrett's High School Football 7 on 7.
June 6th
It was held at the old Wahlquist Jr. High where Trav went to school.
Garrett was so excited. He has been waiting for Football to start.
Our team played well, but lost around quarter finals.
It was a fun day. 7 on 7's are fun to be a part of.
There is a group of Mom's who do all kinds of things for the team.
They asked that I help with the lunch, so I helped set up and feed the boys.
I'm amazed at what these Mom's do, 
and some don't even have boys in High School anymore.
Awesome dedication!
 
 
 
 
From there, Garrett and Ty went to the UVU Basketball Camp....
Ty with the 8th grade team, and Garrett with the High School Sophomores.
They were gone the whole second week of June.

June 8-12
Trav drove the kids down early that morning so Garrett could meet up
with the High School coach by 8 a.m.

Both Boys had games that morning and afternoon.....Trav stayed to watch a couple.
After their morning games, they checked in to a hotel across the street.
Garrett was asked during that day to play on both the Sophomore and JV team.
He was pretty excited about that, other than that meant double the games.
He was tired by the end of the night.
Both Boys had a great week there! 
 Ty's team lost in the semi's and Garretts JV team won!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was there to watch both boys that last day.
Garrett's team got to go in the Locker room there at UVU
 and pick what they wanted out of the lost and found bin from the UVU Mens B Ball team.
Garrett was so excited to get an old jersey.
Garrett and Ty came home and crashed on the couch!  They were exhausted from the week!
The next day we had Ty's 7 on 7.
We just about won the whole thing again, but lost in the Championship!

We rushed from the 7 on 7 to Nate and Ally's home for
Uncle Bruce's Memorial.
I arranged the flowers for it the night before as well as Trav and I took the chairs down.
Uncle Bruce had asked Nate while we were there saying good-bye,
 if he would mind hosting the memorial at his home.
Of Course Nate was more than happy to do that.
It was held in his back yard, and we had a buffet of sandwiches and treats,
with some of Uncle Bruce's favorite drinks.
Uncle Brent and Grandma both shared some beautiful thoughts and memories,
and then everyone was left to mingle and share their own memories with one another.
It was a very sweet night and so nice to be able to have that time to honor him.
We had such a beautiful turn out of so many close friends and family.
 
 
 
I loved doing the flowers for this because Uncle Bruce was always so complimentary
of my arrangements and often when I would do flowers for family things, 
he would either come and watch me, 
or ask for me to send him pictures of how they turned out.
I hope he was pleased with them!

June 17-18
Clytie Adams School of Ballet - Color Me A Rainbow Dance Recital

I look forward to this every year. I love to watch Sis dance, 
and Clytie's does such an amazing job with these performances.
Grandma Davies and I went the first night, it was fun having her with us.
I got really sick on the way home, and it carried in to the next day.
I was so sad I had to miss Julia's second performance, but luckily she had 
Trav, Grandpa Randle and Garrett there to support her!
She looked beautiful and her costume was the prettiest one yet!
So proud of you Sis!
 
 
June 18-20
Ty was invited by Cache Valley Elite to come play with their team at the USU basketball camp.
That was such a fun opportunity and Ty had a great time.
They did awesome and won the entire thing!
He went up on Thursday with Dallin Hall and they played games
and hung out at Mason Falslev's house in between.
 
 
 
(Cole DeBoard, Mason Falslev, Dallin Hall, Ty)
Ty came back home that night and went back up with the Hall's the next morning.
I got there for the afternoon games and took the kids to a park between games that
Trav and I went to when we were dating and he came to visit me at USU one night!
 They had fun eating sandwiches and playing in the water!
 
 
Dallin and Ty came back with us that night to stay at the cabin,
 so that we were close for the next day's earlier games.
The boys were excited to chill that night at the cabin and were hoping to get some 
4 wheeling in before dark.
Just about 20 mins out from the cabin, the traffic in the canyon came to a complete stop.
There had been a horrible head on collision, which shut the canyon down in both directions.
We were stuck there for close to 2.5 hours.
The kids were really good though, and luckily Grandpa Randle was right behind us,
so they were able to walk back and hang out with him too.
Garrett, Ty and Dallin walked up the road to see what they could find out.
We watched life flight come, and 3 ambulances take people down to Logan.
Once we were able to get going, we couldn't believe how bad that accident was.
Turned out to be Julia's Preschool teachers Daughter from Kaysville
that lost her life that night.  So, so sad.
 
 The kids had fun playing xbox and watching movies that night at the cabin,
and woke up early to eat breakfast and head off to the first game.
During games on Saturday, I took Julia and Aust to experience some Aggie Ice Cream!
They loved it!
Such a fun tournament and weekend!
Way to win it all by a massive landslide boys!
We had two seconds to breathe that weekend before we started off into the next!!!

June 22-25
Back in January, Lisa called me to ask if Ty would want to 
attend the BYU Football Camp with Bridger!
Of course Ty was all over that idea!
So, Lisa and I got them signed up and tried to find 
ways for them to pay for this one on their own!
Ty helped Gpa Randle around his house and the cabin, and Bridge mowed his Gma's lawn.
I don't think either has paid in full even as of yet, but at least they made an effort!
Lisa and I drove them down early Monday morning and got them all signed in,
and set up in their dorm room before heading over for the conditioning!
A couple of hours after we left them, I got a text from Ty with a map of the campus,
asking me and Lisa where he and Bridge were supposed to go to lunch!
It was all Lisa and I could do, not to turn the car around and go back and pick them up!
Ha ha!
 
 
 
 
 
 
They managed to make it through the week though, and had an awesome time.
They got to go to a devotional by Head Coach Bronco Mendenhall, Hike to the Y,
Go to 7 Peaks to swim, have nightly devotionals with a counselor and their group, 
play football games and condition all week.
Most of their meals were in the Cannon Center and they stayed in Helaman Halls.
They both packed enough treats and snacks for the week
 and locked them up in the cupboards!

 I picked them up and checked them out, 
just in time to head off to the Big Mtn Jam Basketball Tournament.

June 25-27
The Big Mtn Jam Tournament is played each year at the South Towne Expo Center.
Both Garrett and Ty's teams usually win, 
or go really far in this tournament, so it's always been fun for us!
This year was no different!
Both Garrett and Ty's teams won the whole thing!
That was awesome!
  
 
 
 
 
 
 It was so fun to have both boys go and win it all!
So very proud of Garrett and Ty and our teams.
They are great kids and parents and we are grateful to be a part of them!

That following Monday was a big day for Garrett!!
After taking online practice tests all weekend, I drove Garrett to Farmington
to the Drivers License Division to take his permit test!
He passed the very first time, which we were both proud of!!!
Cannot believe he is a driver now!
He has taken us to the Dr., Walmart, etc!
So crazy!!  And scary all at the same time!
The other day we ended up with the whole passenger side of the vehicle,
up and over the sidewalk on Antelope because we were too worried about
making people behind us wait a few seconds!
That lesson was learned pretty quickly!
He is doing a really good job and has gone out with
Dad and Grandpa Randle as well!
Congrats Bub!  Huge Milestone in your life!
 

(I took over from here to pull the car in the garage!  :) )

June was so crazy busy.....but such wonderful memories made!
Happy Summer!

No comments: