Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Is Here

The next time these two will be at the same school,
Garrett will hopefully be preparing for graduation and a mission.
I'm not prepared for how quickly that is coming.
I love these 2 brothers born 23 months apart....
who used to struggle to get along,
and now are the best of friends.
Happy Last day of 7th and 9th grade!
We are so proud of you both and all you're accomplishing!
 After I dropped Garrett and Ty off at school,
I came home, closed the garage door and walked in the house to get Julia ready for school.
Just as I closed the door in the mudroom, I heard a loud Bang sound!
I opened the door back up to see that our second spring on our garage door had just broken.
3 weeks ago, the other one broke, and luckily was under warranty.
When the guy came to replace that one, he said to wait and see how long this other
one would last before replacing it.
Dang.
Only made it 3 weeks!!
Now, my car was locked in the garage, Trav was in meetings and Julia needed to be
at the school with her teacher gifts delivered in 30 mins.
I called Heidi Edwards and she offered to let me take her car.
I got Julia ready and we were headed out the door to walk to get Heidi's car
when Trav pulled in to save the day.
 I went in with Sis to say Thank you and good-bye's to 
Mrs. Montgomery her English Teacher,
and Mrs. Chen, her Chinese Teacher.
Mrs. Montgomery is expecting her first child and will be changing schools so she can 
be home with her baby more often than not.
 
 
 
 
(Julia with Chloe Finch, Shannon Murray, and Sydney Johnson)

After we left the school, Trav came home and helped me get the car out of the garage,
until Colonial Building Supply could get there later in the afternoon and fix it.
Garrett and Ty slowing starting calling after signing yearbooks, needing rides here and there.
I went out to get in the car to pick Garrett up to take him to High School Football Practice
and wouldn't you know it?
The car wouldn't start!
Dead Battery!!
Something had been left on sitting there all day and the car was completely dead.
What did I do?
I called Heidi once again and she hurried over to help jump start my car
so I could get Garrett to football.
THANK YOU HEIDI!!!!
Just as we were finishing that up, 
the garage guy came.
I got him in to the garage to get started and ran Garrett and his friends to football.
When I came back home, he handed me my check for $69 dollars back,
and told me his boss said I didn't need to pay the service fee,
 because they had just come out 3 weeks ago.
I was so grateful they did that for us.
Turned this somewhat rotten day into not so rotten just with that gesture!

The boys were gone all day between hanging out with
 friends, Football Practice and Basketball practice.
I took Julia for a frosty and Austy for a snow cone.
We got home and before I knew it, Julia was hopping the fence to play with neighbor girls.
We didn't see her again until 10 p.m.
While I am happy and excited for the kids during these fun summer times for them,
I couldn't help but feel somewhat sad for me.
Gone are the lazy days of summer having all of my kids home bored to death.
As I look over our calendar, we are so busy with all everyone has going on,
that I fear we don't have many days to just hang out as a family.
Life gets crazy and busy the older the kids get and before I know it they will be gone.
I'm realizing more and more that my time with them here in our home is diminishing faster than
I would like or have any control over.
So, with that in mind......here's to Summer 2015.
May we find some time to just be together and enjoy this time we do have!


No comments: