Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer 2016 Recap - #2

A couple of months ago, I started a list on my phone all of that needs
fixing up, remodeling or tweaking around here in our home of almost 13 years!
I cannot believe its been that long since we have built.....
but our home is starting to show a lot of wear and tear and needs some love.
I figured if I did a little at a time, the expense would be manageable and 
wouldn't feel so overwhelming to start digging in to!
I started with the front door.
The moldings were looking horrible!
They needed to be sanded, primed and painted again!
I was always embarrassed talking to people at our front door!
Our little plants had died in our planters on each side of the door a couple of years
ago and the planters have just been bare!
That all got fixed up in about 1 day!
 
 
 
 
Next, we moved in to the bonus room and garage.
I cleaned out and threw away a ton of things from both.
I also made piles for a garage sale, and Trav build some new shelves
with the boys above our cars in the garage to get out stuff up and out of the way!
IT HAS BEEN SO NICE!!!!
 
 
 
 While Sis was away at Grandma Hale's for "Camp Grandma"
with just the girl cousins,
we added and redid a few things in her room.
She feels a little out numbered in this house of boys,
and has been dealing with a silly floor fan for the past few summers....
so we thought by adding a ceiling fan and some other fun new things to her room....
she'd be so excited when she came home and would feel loved by us all.
The boys all helped with things and each wrote her a letter!
She loved it!
 
 
  
 If feels good to be checking some things off of this list of "To-do's!"
Long way to go, but we're making some progress!

Next on our Summer 2016 Agenda was our 24th of July
Annual Randle Family Bear Lake Trip!
LOVE this trip!
We always have so much fun being together with everyone!
By Friday night, July 22, we were all at the Cabin and ready for fun!
We played around, ate dinner, rode the 4-wheelers and sat by the fire.
Grandpa and Julia also started a puzzle, of which Grandpa and I stayed up
til almost 1 a.m. finishing it together!
The next morning, we took off to the Beach.
Steph and Spencer always bring their wave runners,
and that makes it so fun with the tube and all!
The little kids enjoy playing in the water and in the sand!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 After the beach, we went to down town Garden City for dinner, 
before heading back to the Cabin.
 
 
 That night we did a little more 4-wheeling, and a little more campfire sitting!
The next day, we got up and got ready for church and took some family pics
before we went to Sacrament Meeting.
It was a beautiful day for pictures!
We came home from church, ate some lunch and then
sat down for a seriously hilarious game of Catch Phrase!
We played for over an hour or more!
So much fun! Especially teaching and watching Grandpa play!

 Later that night it was time for our 3rd Annual Randle Family BB Gun Shootout!
Uncle Spencer won the first year, I won the 2nd, and the 3rd!
But I'm trying to remain humble about it!
 
 
 
 My abilities were questioned last year.....
so I made sure I showed up this year with official targets!
Somehow......my abilities were still questioned....and poked fun of!
 
 
 One of us is in the Army and took 3rd.
One of us is not in the Army and took 1st!
 Took every man in the family to add up the scores
and double check the scores to make sure I had really taken 1st again!
Ty took 2nd and deserves some praise for that!!
 
 
 We woke up, ate breakfast and enjoyed some more 4-wheeling before 
cleaning up the cabin and having to head for home.....
 
 
 I always hate when it's time to go home.
I love being with my family!
Bear Lake 2016 was a great time!
Looking forward to 2017 already!!

No comments: