Over a year ago, I started getting contacted on Facebook about doing
a 20 year Reunion.
People were wondering who was in charge and if there would be a Reunion held.
I hadn't been to any of our Reunions, because I was always pregnant.
I really wanted to go to this one, and I also really didn't want to go!
Funny how even 20 years out of High School there are insecurities!
I offered to help our Senior Class officer.....seeing as she was the only girl
with 2 guys, who weren't really offering to help.
Eventually, 6 of us who served as Student Body Officers,
stepped in to help Kelly Felsted plan a 20th and get it up and running.
We sent out a survey last year asking top dates, venues and whether or not
everyone wanted to meet 2 nights or 1.
The survey came back that the majority wanted Saturday, Aug. 6, 2016,
at the Davis Conference Center in Layton and only 1 night of getting together,
with our classmates and spouses only!
I loved all of that!
We spent from about April of this year, until the Reunion,
planning, searching for people, and getting everything ready!
I was so glad I offered to help.
It forced me to go.
I was nervous. I didn't feel confident, and I certainly was worried about going.
As my luck would have it......I popped out with a gigantic cold sore a week and
a half before the reunion, and started with another the day of!
I guess I had built up a lot of anxiety over it all......
and for absolutely no reason!
It was so much fun to see so many of my friends again!
It was great to see that the amazing people I was surrounded by in High School,
were even more amazing spouses and parents!
I definitely was blessed my High School years!
Emelie Lewis Halliday and Janica Swallow Horner were in charge of the docorations,
and they did an awesome Job!
I was in charge of the video.....which ended up being a massive undertaking,
but thankfully, I had Heidi Bitner to help me with that!
Nisha Wanczyk Parry did the name tags and Janelle Page Misbach helped
in sponsoring us and setting up our web page for registration and payments!
Together, I'd say we pulled off an incredible evening!
Trav came and helped me set up the video and stayed for about an hour,
then he went home to be with Sis and Austy.
We had decided to let people in after 8 p.m. for a cheaper price,
so that we could try and get as many people there as possible.
We needed someone at the table to take the money as people entered,
and to give name tags out.
None of us wanted to be stuck at the table, so I talked Garrett and Valerie
in to coming for a plate of food and a free date! Ha, ha!
They actually really enjoyed it.....or so they said!
It was so nice for me to have them there too.....because if ever there was
a lull in conversation, or no conversation at all.....I could go check on them! Phew!
I truly loved catching up with old friends!
Debbie Faldmo Bagley and me.....oh how I love this girl!
Me with Debbie, Emily Graham and Jill Barker -
They are still as beautiful as they were 20 yrs. ago. They were always the kindest girls!
Got these 2 in the photo booth! Ha ha! Love them!
Ben Warden snuck in this pic to try and pose with "All the girls he kissed!"
Dream on Ben!
Janelle Page, Janica Swallow, Debbie Faldmo, Emelie Lewis,
Natalie Tingey, Nisha Wanczyk, Me
About an hour in to our reuinon, Janica's daughter who is a current
cheerleader at Davis, came with some of the other cheerleaders
and the drumline. They lead us in a cheer and then played and sang the school song.
It was really cool and I think most people enjoyed that!
Our SBO group......some of my very best friends in High School....and to this day!
Janelle Page Misbach, Debbie Faldmo Bagley, Tyler Mathis, Nisha Wanczyk Parry, Me
(We were missing Kelly Chatterton and York Duckworth)
Our Reunion Planning Committee - Heidi Bitner, Kelly Felsted, me,
Janica Swallow, Janelle Page, Nisha Wanczyk, Emelie Lewis
Ha ha! We found this Selfie Sign and it was too good to be true!
SOOOO perfect! Still the same. Still together. Still friends.
Still live by each other. Teach Sunday School Together. Her Husband is my Bishop!
So funny!
What an awesome night! I almost didn't want it to end!
It was a great time and I'm so glad I went!
I was very fortunate to be part of the Davis High School Class of 1996!




No comments:
Post a Comment