Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Catch Me If You Can....

I find myself playing catch up again.....Boy, does this drive me nuts!
When I'm on top of journaling, I'm really on top.....
but when I slack, I slack big time!
Better late than never, or ever.....so here goes!

We have had such a crazy, busy 2016!
In order to catch up, I will be going month to month, until I'm where I should be....
(Feb. 2017! ha ha!)

Our August was really busy.....with all of the end of summer, first of school festivities.
Busy....but some really great things took place!
For Father's Day I gave Trav an over nighter for just the two of us.
I figured before the kids went back to school, we'd take advantage of the boys being
home to help watch Sis and Aust.
Problem is, we seriously couldn't find one night to sneak away!
Finally the day came (Thursday, Aug. 11th) and we took off to Alaskan Inn up Ogden Canyon.
It was so fun to just be the two of us.  I wish we made time to do this more often.
We checked in, then drove a little ways up the canyon to eat at the Oaks, by the river.
We went right back to our little cabin in the woods and watched movies and chilled.
In the morning, they delivered breakfast to our room and we went back to reality!
Loved being with Trav.....he truly is my best friend.
We laugh til our sides hurt at each other and think the other is the funniest person alive!
 
 
 
 

Our Neighborhood decided to do a massive Neighborhood Yard Sale on Saturday Aug. 13th.
I spent weeks getting everything cleaned out in the bonus room and then as a family,
we all tackled the messy garage.  We threw a TON away and the rest was organized to sell in the yard sale with all of the neighbors.
It was awesome. I love watching people come and buy our junk!
We set up in our yard and our driveway and boy did we get rid of stuff!
We made around $400 dollars and took the rest to the DI!
All of our kids enjoyed sitting out there with us to watch people come look around.
Even Valerie Harker came over!
Before I knew it, she and Garrett had Julia and Austy on bikes with them,
and they drove around to other houses in the neigborhood to see what they had.
They came back with snowcones and MORE JUNK!!! (Which I have since taken to the DI!)
It was a fun day and a productive one at that!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Wednesday, Aug. 24 - 

BACK TO SCHOOL!!

How does this always come so fast!!  Summer is never long enough.

Garrett is a Jr. now, how crazy is that?
Because of all of his football classes, it took me a few days to get a nice picture of him.
The first day of school he was in his work out gear!
He drives himself to school every day with his sweet little white Toyota Pickup
that Grandpa Randle so generously lets him use!
So funny to think my son and I drove virtually the exact same vehicle to High School!
 Ty is a big 9th Grader.  Cannot believe next year he and Garrett will spend
their last year ever together in school!
Ty was ready to go bright and early!!
Sis is in 4th Grade!  Finally Math will be taught to her in English, instead of Chinese!
Math is hard enough without someone speaking a different language, that you're still learning yourself, to teach you all of your Math skills!
She was so excited to be back with her friends.
 
Julia and Mrs. Carson
 
 Julia and Ms. Ren
Julia and Olivia Harker

And then there's Austy......Oh man.  This one was hard on me!
I have sent all of the kids to 2 years of preschool.
Last year, I filled out all of the paperwork, cried, and shoved it in the desk.
I didn't let him go last year.  I couldn't do it!  Ha ha!
So.....I knew this year, he'd NEED to go in order to have some socialization, aside from Mom,
and to learn a few things to help him get ready for Kindergarten.
Ahhh!  I can't handle him growing up, and he can't wait to fly the coop and 
be like the big kids!
 
Preschool Check up and Kindergarten Shots
 
Preschool Open House
 
 

August 27th was a special day for me.
Last year, I found out about an Organ Donation Memorial Wall
at the Salt Lake County Library.
Names of those who have donated organs are etched in a glass wall around a beautiful park
at the New Library.
Usually, names are placed the year after the donations took place.
I got on their website and filled out an application for my Mom.
I told them I knew it would be a long shot to have her name added after 32 years,
but that I felt strongly she should be a part of that, where she was the 2nd Heart Transplant
to ever take place in the State of Utah.
They immediately responded and said they would be honored to have her name placed on the wall.
I was so excited and so grateful!
It was a beautiful Saturday morning at the Celebration of the newly added names.
Our entire family was able to be there, which made it even more special.
Mom is Panel 4 Line 4.
I couldn't be more proud!
 
What a busy August......but Sept. proved to be even crazier!

No comments: