Friday, September 30, 2016

September 2016

I LOVE Fall.
Football. Leaves Changing. Cooler Temps.
and.....Labor Day!

We usually spend Labor Day at the Cabin.
This year, we were joined by Grandpa Randle and the Hamblins.
We hung out by the fire, played games, went 4 wheeling and drove up to explore
Bloomington Lake......with the rest of the State of Utah! Ha ha!
That was our first time there......so beautiful!
 
 
 
 
Such a fun, and relaxing weekend!

Grandpa Randle turned 70 on Aug. 8th.  
We wanted to do something big for his Birthday.
He never had a retirement party and we had never really done anything big for his Birthday's.
I felt he was more than deserving of a little honoring.....so we planned, what he would never
really want planned for his 70th......a Surprise party!
We couldn't get it coordinated very well in Aug. between all of our familie's schedules,
and some of Dad's friends.  So.....we planned it for Wednesday, Sept. 7th.
We sent out invites to his closest friends and their spouses,
and to all of our family.
We held it at Trav's work, so we'd have room inside with everyone.
The guests arrived a half an hour early and I had Dad pick up Julia from Ballet.
He thought he was coming to Austy's Birthday party, so it all made sense to him,
and he didn't question any of what I had planned!
Everyone we invited came, and it was so dang fun!
Dad was surprised......I was worried he wouldn't be happy with me.....
but even he truly enjoyed the night!
Each of us kids shared some sweet and funny stories of our Dad, 
and then we opened it up for his friends to share some memories.
Gosh......they had us laughing over some of what they shared!
We had dinner and dessert and enjoyed each other's company!
I love my Dad and am so grateful for the blessing he is in my life!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 (Scott Lee, Merrill and Karen Bunker, Mike and Marilyn Deamer, Dad, Richard Sutton and his wife)
 
Happy 70th Dad! May I age as well as you!

Then.....the Birthday's of all Birthdays!
Austy Turned 5 on Sept. 14th!!
5???  I cannot slow this down as hard as I try!
He was so excited to turn 5!
Austy gauges everything by what age he will be turning.
"Mom, when I'm 8 can I get a cell phone?  When I'm 14 can I get my own Ipad. When I'm.....etc!"
So.....turning 5 was a big deal for him.....so he could go to school!
Austy loves everything trucks, cars, planes, sports, and super hero!
This year his favorite was Spiderman!
Trav and I got the brilliant idea to buy a new battery for Julia's princess jeep,
spray it up for a boy and make it as Spiderman-ish as we could possibly make it!
We spent close to 3 days before his Birthday getting this all ready for him!
He was so excited when he came out to the garage on his Birthday!
He and his buddy Boston drove it all over.....until it rained!
We had a small party for him with just us and Boston.....since we had been with everyone the week
before for Grandpa's party!
Austy didn't even seem to care!  He had Boston, Presents and his Spiderman Jeep!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They celebrated Aust at School too.
Dad helped Austy explain his poster to his class, then Aust handed out the treats with Miss Kris!
 
Such a special 5 year old Birthday!
I love this little boy.  He has brought so much joy to our family!
He is a sweet soul......when he's not trying to get his way! Ha ha!
He looks out for others and still wants to snuggle us!
He gets us outside playing family games and is always keeping us on our toes!
We love you Austy!

No comments: