Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Always fun for Everyone...When Grandma Comes!

After Garrett left for school this morning, I received a call from my Sweet Grandma Davies. She told me that she had made me a couple of flower pots and also bought me a bunch of Geraniums for my front yard, and wanted to know if she could come up and take us to McDonald's and then sit on the front porch and plant flowers with us today. I couldn't turn down that offer! So, she drove up from Lake Point and we planted the flowers. After they were all planted, she told me I needed a watering pot....that I "musn't" water them with a hose...(I know, I'm still trying to figure out why I can't water them with a hose too....but apparently you musn't!!). So, she and Tyler headed off to Walmart to buy a watering pot....and the rest of the store! Whatever the kids ask for, they get!! Anyway, it was a fun surprise to have her come and a fun way to spend the day! She was diagnosed with breast cancer just about 6 years ago....so I am grateful for any time I get to spend with her. I realized how great it was today that my kids know and love their Great-Grandparents. We'll take days like these any day!

3 comments:

Bob and Tana Hale said...

Hi, How is your grandma and grandpa doing? I just love them. I miss all the sleep overs with the kids. What are you doing potty training my baby???? Tell Julia to call 1-800- grandma if she doesn't like what your doing to her. Grandma and Grandpa Hale

Heather said...

Thanks for inviting us. We stayed home all day! I love your grandma too! We'll see if we're really invited to a star party!

Kristi said...

Oh... seeing her picture makes me miss her! What a sweet grandma you have!