Friday, June 6, 2008

Princess Julia's New Throne!


Wahoo!! Call me crazy, but I think at 19 mos. old, Julia is potty-training! Over the last few weeks she has started pointing to her backside and bringing me diapers and wipes to change her. She cannot stand to have a messy diaper. I thought maybe it was a little hair brained to buy a training seat just yet, but I was at the store the other day and thought "what the heck, give it a try!" So, we got a cute pink potty and put it all together. She was so excited. I let her go without her diaper for a minute and she just wanted to sit there. Eventually, her doll, her bunny and her dog where on the seat instead of her. Well, this morning, she acted like she needed to go, so I took her diaper off and next thing I knew, she was going in the potty! I was screaming and clapping and making a complete fool out of myself, and it scared her a little. I probably just ruined the whole training class....but I couldn't contain myself. The boys were both around 3 years before we got them going....and I'm probably completely reading into this and I'm sure I'll be blogging next week that she won't even touch the seat, but for today, it's giving us girls something to do while the boys are all away at work and school! The funny thing is....I tell her every day to stop growing and keep being my baby girl....and for some bizarre reason today, I'm pushing her into becoming a big girl and going potty! What am I doing?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Horay for Julia Bug!!! It has to feel so great when your kid finally learns to go potty for real - no more diaper changing! Congrats.