Garrett turned 8 in December and entered into the world of Cub Scouts! This has been a big learning experience for me....I have never had anything to do with Scouts! Anyway, he has only been in the program for 6 months, and feels like he should earn everything RIGHT NOW!! I'll take that attitude while I can get it....because I'm sure by the time I want him to earn his Eagle, it will be down to the regular Eagle threats, (i.e. no license, no dating, no roof over your head, etc!). He came home from Scouts the other day wanting to earn his Wolf. He and I worked hard all night to accomplish what would normally take a few months. We passed off a bunch of things, (I'm in it for the "Mom" pin!!). Anyway, we still have a little way to go, but tonight we passed off three more achievements. He planned a family walk for us over at the Jensen Park by our house, where we picked up garbage and collected leaves.
It was a great time. I thought I would hate Scouts, but the more I help Garrett, the crazier I become... it's actually addicting to pass off these requirements and earn things! It makes Pack Meeting a lot more exciting! I'm really proud that he is taking the initiative to earn his wolf!
2 comments:
Way to go Garrett! That is a great attitude! You take great pics! I especially love the one of you and Travis!!
I just got looking closer at your pictures. Did you honestly make Garrett wear rubber gloves?
Post a Comment