Seeing as it was a holiday, and wanting to take a break from the phone, house work, yard work and possible sibling fighting, all the while not having an over-abundance of money to spend.....we called Dad Randle and asked to borrow his four-wheelers. As always, he was more than happy to share his possessions, to which we are very grateful! He and a buddy ride once a week and have found all the cool places to ride, so he gave us a map and sent us on our way to Hardware Ranch. We left our house about 10:30 a.m. and got back home around 8:30 p.m.!!! It was amazing! We parked the truck and trailer at Hardware Ranch, followed the map and 3 hours later we were at the top of Logan Peak, which might as well be called "Top of the World!" There is an incredible view from the top of that place, and the clouds feel like they are right above the top of your head. We rewarded ourselves with a picnic once we made it to the top. It was a beautiful ride through the Aspen and Pine trees.....and for some strange reason, there are all the kinds of animals along the way that you wouldn't expect to see, i.e. cows and sheep! The kids had a blast and were SO good for riding on a four-wheeler for close to 6 hours! We didn't have one fight......till we got in the truck to go home! We were COVERED in dirt, but it was well worth it! The best part of all.....the whole trip only cost about $25 in gas!!

Now back to our labors! Ok laundry, I hear you loud and clear......I'm coming!


Now back to our labors! Ok laundry, I hear you loud and clear......I'm coming!
8 comments:
Sounds like a great day! I can't believe how far you went!
Sounds like you guys had a blast!!! My family has 4 wheelers and we have so much fun on them. I wish we would have thought of something like that. We were trying to think of something fun to do all day.
I hope everything is good at your house. we need to get together soon.
Glad you had so much fun! That's great!
That sounds like so much fun. You guys always seem to do fun stuff. What size of clothes is Julia (Some things are worn out and others are ok, after 3 girls what can you say) Also what size of shoe does she wear.
I love your pics...how do you do the ones together(do you scrap them first?)
Yay! I am glad you went! I love the seats on the back for the kids. We cleaned the house and made jam yesterday......hmmmmm not quite as fun, huh?! ;)
ooohhh, fun stuff! Love those fun family times like that. The goggle look is very attractive! lol :) Way to be safe.
How fun! I'm glad you were able to get away for some fun time with the family. We went camping, so I hear ya on the laundry. When you get done, maybe you can come keep me company while I do mine!
So glad that you could get away and enjoy the outdoors. Seems like getting on a 4 wheeler and just going can take away all your stresses. Makes me wonder why I turned my husband down for a long 4 wheeler ride for my birthday which we usually do. Oh well. There is always next year. Loves.
Post a Comment