Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Left a zoo, to visit THE zoo, only to come home to a ZOO

(How gross that this fountain was around when I was little!)

Last year at this time, my sweet friend Heidi and I took our daughters, who just happen to be "Bosom Buddies" to the Zoo. We had so much fun walking around staring at all the animals in the beautiful fall weather, that we decided to do it again this year! Julia and Abby had a great time seeing the AdOrabLe baby elephant and giraffe, eating their picnic lunches, and riding the train! The weather couldn't have been more perfect! I haven't ever been a huge fan of the Zoo, but I have to say....they have really done some great things to update that place to make it nicer for the animals and kids.....still a ways to go, but none-the-less.....it is quite a bit nicer! It was a fun day, till we walked in the door to hear the news that the sweet mini-van we own (that completely shut down on me Sat. night), will be an astronomical price to fix.....by that I mean, almost more than the car itself is worth.....!! After a few tears and a sweet hubby to help bring me back to reality and recognize some of our blessings, I was able to realize that even though this little "Zoo" of ours needs some "Fixing up" every so often, there is no other place I'd rather be! Thanks for a great day Heidi and Abby!

5 comments:

Journey of the Davies said...

Those are very cute pictures. Again if there is anything we can do to help you out let us know please.

Franklin Times said...

Minus the car issues, that is a fun day! Maybe some chocolate cinnamon bears would help cure some of those woes :) Sorry to hear the bad news about your car.

Heather said...

I love the picture of the two sleeping girls in the backseat! How funny!

Merinda said...

So very cute, but the best picture of all is the two girls in the back seat both zonked. So sorry to hear about your van. Seems those things have to happen every now and again to assure us that we can have trials and grow from them. Loves

Allison said...

I love it that Abby and Julia are friends. They are so cute. Good luck with the car...I hate car stuff.