Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Big Guns....

Last night Trav and I were sitting at the kitchen table having our usual "Catch Me Up" on the events of our day. Out of nowhere, our sweet, innocent little Tyler came over to us and proceeded to tell us about an event from his day - with the most serious look on his face. The story went something like this:

"Mom and Dad, today I was SO hot at school. I kept getting hotter and hotter. So, when I went to recess, I took my sleeves and pulled them up like this...( he then put his sleeves up on his shoulders so his whole arm was showing). All of the sudden, ONE of the girls that is totally in love with me, saw these... (flexing his arm for us now) and when she saw these, she started chasing me all over the school!!"

Trav and I looked at each other, wondering if we REALLY just heard what we heard.....and then we busted out laughing. We could hardly contain ourselves!! Ty stood there and looked at us like he couldn't understand what was so funny!! Oh my....... Garrett and Ty have never lacked for confidence, that is for sure!

Ty.....keep those "Guns" locked up today, and try to enjoy your recess!!

9 comments:

Franklin Times said...

Cutest thing I've heard all week!
That is some good parenting you and Travis must be doing for your kids to have that kind of confidence.
Or is it flexing Trav does for you, while you chase him around the house?? hmmm I wonder :)

Heather said...

I LOVE IT! Especially that it came from Ty! I would expect that from Garrett! That's too cute!

Ronda said...

Way too funny! All I gotta say is the apples aren't falling very far from the tree! Travis has always been a cocky sucker! I just feel like it's dejavu from my childhood with Trav!

Rachelle said...

So cute! That made me smile.

Megan said...

I love it. So matter of fact about it, apparently. Cute kid.

Journey of the Davies said...

Thanks for sharing the story with us. That is super cute. I love little kids and the things they say.

Amy Spalding said...

He needs to ask that girl if she has tickets to the gun show....:) I'm sure they're sold out!

Amy Spalding said...

Oh-by the way....I heard you know the Miley Cyrus dance....Care to teach me???? :) I'm planning on black mailing my boys with it!

Kristi said...

Lol! That is really funny.