He was so stinking cute and so loved.
Being the only grandchild/great-grandchild on Mom's side of the family at the time, he quickly came to realize he was "It" and could get anything he wanted out of any of us!
Being the only grandchild/great-grandchild on Mom's side of the family at the time, he quickly came to realize he was "It" and could get anything he wanted out of any of us!Then, one cold day in Nov. of 2001,
Tyler Burke came into the picture.
HE immediately wormed his way into the hearts of all the family members.....
Except One!
From that day forward, Garrett's life has never been the same!
These two have had moments of complete knock-out drag-out fights.
Competition between the two has been great.
However, over the last few months, things between them have been SO good.
I was just recently telling them how nice it has been to have them be so
loving and kind towards each other.
One day a couple weeks ago, Ty was over playing at a friends house.
Garrett came into the kitchen and asked when Ty had to be home.
I turned with a smile and said,
"Why do you ask? Are you missing him?"
Garrett smiled shyly and admitted, "Yeah, kinda!"
My heart melted.
"Things are finally falling into place!" I quietly thought to myself.
Fast forward to this morning.
Trav is up getting ready for work.
Julia had just joined me in our bed.
We were snuggled up, loving the moment.
All of the sudden from the hallway I hear the two "Loving" brothers begin their bantering.
Words were said like,
"I'm faster on the court than you!"
"Oh Yeah, well I'm better at Math."
"So! I'm faster at getting ready for school than you!"
Next thing I know.....A moment of silence.
Out of no where, as if he knew he'd have the words to end it all.....
Garrett yells,
"Guess what Ty? I was born in the year of Hotties!
You were NOT born in a year of Hotties!
Stinks for you!
Good luck getting married!"
WHAT??????
Did he really just say that?
All I could do was roll over in bed, put my head under the covers and die laughing!
Tyler immediately ran in the room to Trav, crying.
"Dad, Garrett just said I wasn't born in a year of hotties and that I'll never get Married!"
Oh Boy! They are 8 and 10.
Pray for us!

Tyler Burke came into the picture.
Except One!
From that day forward, Garrett's life has never been the same!
These two have had moments of complete knock-out drag-out fights.
Competition between the two has been great.
I was just recently telling them how nice it has been to have them be so
loving and kind towards each other.
One day a couple weeks ago, Ty was over playing at a friends house.
Garrett came into the kitchen and asked when Ty had to be home.
I turned with a smile and said,
"Why do you ask? Are you missing him?"
Garrett smiled shyly and admitted, "Yeah, kinda!"
"Things are finally falling into place!" I quietly thought to myself.
Fast forward to this morning.
Trav is up getting ready for work.
Julia had just joined me in our bed.
We were snuggled up, loving the moment.
All of the sudden from the hallway I hear the two "Loving" brothers begin their bantering.
Words were said like,
"I'm faster on the court than you!"
"Oh Yeah, well I'm better at Math."
"So! I'm faster at getting ready for school than you!"
Next thing I know.....A moment of silence.
Out of no where, as if he knew he'd have the words to end it all.....
Garrett yells,
"Guess what Ty? I was born in the year of Hotties!
You were NOT born in a year of Hotties!
Stinks for you!
Good luck getting married!"
WHAT??????
Did he really just say that?
All I could do was roll over in bed, put my head under the covers and die laughing!
Tyler immediately ran in the room to Trav, crying.
"Dad, Garrett just said I wasn't born in a year of hotties and that I'll never get Married!"
Oh Boy! They are 8 and 10.
Pray for us!

13 comments:
Oh! That totally made my day! Thanks so much for sharing!
Gotta love it! That is so funny ~ and the great thing about saving the memories is one day they are both going to get the biggest laugh over that (especially if Ty marries his "hottie" first!)
I LOVE Garrett! The things that come out of his mouth!!! Hilarious!
I love, love, love it!!!! I wonder if we were born in the year of the hotties. I am certain we were!
Funny that you posted this on the same day I made my comment on FB! I swear. Devin and Sam have to compete at EVERYTHING!!! It drives me bonkers! But, I must say, I haven't heard competition over the ladies, yet!
Oh boy. Can I just say, "been there, done that." With having 5 kids born in 5 years, 4 of them being boys, I truly know where you are coming from. Brothers can so be the best of friends and the very worst of enemies. You will get through this, just keep praying.
That made me laugh so hard! I am dreading the teenage years with boys. I love it when they get along, but we definitely have a fair share of arguments at our house.
Holy cow...I needed a laugh. That is priceless.
That is pretty funny! I can't believe that Garrett is even old enough to know about hotties! And Tlyler--no way!
Great guys!
Love you all! Lavonne
Oh that is great. Thanks for sharing, it gave me a good laugh. The funny thing I can totally picture Garrett saying that. I love it.
That is so funny. It is good you wrote it down too, so when Garrett is dating girls who are Tylers age you can remind him that they are not from the year of the hotties.
Hilarious. That is awesome.
Your kids' stories absolutely crack me up! I love them. I had to tell Ron what Garrett said and he was laughing so hard. Enjoy these years. They are the best if you can laugh and enjoy the humor and great times!
Post a Comment