Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Through Another's Eyes

A couple weekends ago, some awesome neighbors of ours, stopped by to pick up the keys to the church. She and her husband stood in our entry way with Trav and Me for over 30 mins. As we stood and talked, I noticed her eyes wandering. She looked in the front room, then up the stairway, into the study, back towards the kitchen, etc. As she looked, my eyes happened to follow hers. I felt ok about what she was seeing for the most part. The house was in fairly good order. Infact, I was quite pleased. Heaven knows on any other given day, if you stop by unannounced, it could be tragic to your health to enter these doors! Just as I was starting to feel ok about those wandering eyes......the UNTHINKABLE happened!!
She just had to look down!
Down, Down, Down!
My eyes met the spot hers did at the same time and I was horrified!
She just had to go and look at the baseboards!
Dang.
I was amazed when I stopped long enough to see how destroyed they were. How does that happen? When you find out, let me know! There wasn't an inch that looked semi decent! Within a day, the blue tape went up, a phone call was made to my dear Father (whom I mooch off of way too much, but knew he'd have a half used can of paint he would be dying to share with me!), seams were calked and the paint went on! It's crazy that you live with things like that,thinking one day you'd like to take care of them, only to realize in less than 2 hours, you can have the problem solved. It has done wonders to my soul to have those baseboards white as white again! My entry way finally feels clean, and hopefully now, those will be the distraction from the damage the dog has made of the once nice-looking wood floors! Oh how I hope they need to borrow our keys this weekend!

4 comments:

rainsfamily said...

Are you kidding me? Please don't come to my house. I would just die if you looked around and saw all my flaws and mistakes and if that's the worst you have, heaven help that one day you and your whole house are going to be taken up up up to heaven.

Merinda said...

Sorry I was on my sisters blog when I wrote that. This is Merinda.

Ronda said...

That is what happens when you are raising a family. We have been in our house half the time you have been in yours and I have already had to do "repair" work and paint on my baseboards. It just shows that you are living and raising a family! They look great, by the way.

Franklin Times said...

Its about time!! They have bothered me every time I come over!! haha I'm kidding~
I guess I better get to work~ my walls need a ton of touch up work and if it will help my soul..I'm on it!