Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Feelings of Gratitude....

Twenty-one and a 1/2 months ago, I wrote a post titled "Feelings of Inadequacy." Today I no longer feel inadequate. Today, I feel overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the Journey He allowed me to travel. Sunday, I was released as the Young Women's President in our ward. Never did I imagine it would be this hard to let go. I have known I was getting released for about 3 weeks now, but because of the Pioneer Trek, Bishop waited to make the change until the girls got home. It has been the longest 3 weeks of my life. There isn't one day I haven't been emotional thinking about leaving them. I have served in the YW's program for almost a total of 8 years out of the last 9. It is where I am comfy. It is where I am myself. It is where I feel I fit in. It is where I feel loved and needed! Aside from my family, these girls have been my everything. I have faced some of the hardest trials of my life while serving them these last two years. The Lord knew I would need them, and He was right. The women I have served with have become some of my closest friends. We supported and loved each other. There were 12 of us in all.....one of the biggest YW's Leaderships in our Stake. The Stake contacted me, with the concern that several of the wards were not getting along and asked my advice on how to help, because we were so large and didn't have any issues, they wanted to know our secret. My only answer was that it was just the fact that I had amazing women to serve with. Nothing else. They were just amazing. I will never understand why I was chosen to serve with such great women over such incredible Young Women. But what I do understand, is what an honor and a privilege it was that I was blessed to do so. Saying our "Good-bye's" on Sunday was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. The girls cried right a long with us. We hugged each a few times over - The type of hug where you're holding on for dear life. It was very touching to see that they were just as heartbroken over the change. After meeting with Bishop and getting our release, we went to a room where we knelt in prayer as leaders and offered our service to our Father in Heaven. I pray He is pleased with the love and guidance we gave to His most precious Daughters. They touched my life in a way no one else ever could, and for that.....I am forever grateful. I only pray I did the same for them.
I love you my girls. I always will.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Gratitude. Totally! So many things to be grateful for! It has been such an amazing journey and I am grateful for every minute of it. LOVE you, Sarah Burke!!

Megan said...

Oh, one more thing, you are HILARIOUS posting pictures of yourself with your dang cold sores. You are a riot!!!!!!

Franklin Times said...

You are truly one of a kind my dear! YW leaders like you are far and few between. Those girls lives will forever be touched because they had you as their leader, and friend. I know it is so tough, but hang on. I'm ready for our lunch date when you are sista!

Franklin Times said...

You are truly one of a kind my dear! YW leaders like you are far and few between. Those girls lives will forever be touched because they had you as their leader, and friend. I know it is so tough, but hang on. I'm ready for our lunch date when you are sista!