Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend in Pictures!

Thurs. May 27, 2010 - Visited our Family Graves and
devoured Ice Berg Shakes!!
Friday, May 28, 2010 - 10 a.m. -Loaded up the van and headed to Oregon -
13 hours later we arrived, and boy.....was it Beautiful!

Saturday, May 29, 2010 - Aunt Ally made us some yummy cinnamon rolls.
Then, it was off to the Nike Employee Store.
We loaded up on some new digs at great deals,
thanks to Uncle Nate and his Black Badge,
we didn't even have to wait in the huge line!
Next we drove to the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls.
I can't even believe how awesome and green it all is!
It's truly amazing!
After the Falls, we drove to Portland and walked along the river by the city.
We grabbed some Pizza on the way home,
and these sweet little cousins read in bed
while Nate and I picked Grandpa Randle up from the airport.
Sunday, May 30, 2010 - Cannon Beach and Seaside
Cannon BeachMonday, May 31, 2010 - Portland Temple
The grounds of this Temple are so pretty!
Because it was Monday and the Temple was closed,
we had the whole place to ourselves.
Nate gave us a tour of the Nike Campus and his office.
It was incredible to see. It's like it's only little city.
Walking around Nate's floor and office was pretty cool.
They have a spot where they completely set up a retail area.
They put up mannequins and shelves to decide how
they want things to look, then they give all of the instructions
to each store so they know exactly how and
where to place everything
on the sales floor.
These are all of the outfits Tiger Woods will wear during the US Open.

Later, Aunt Ally and Aunt Sarah treated themselves to
"Letters to Juliette"
while the guys stayed home and babysat.

Tuesday - June 1, 2010 - Said our Good-byes
and wiped a few tears.
Then.....it was on to that glorious 13 hour drive.
Good thing it's pretty along the way!
We stopped at Multnomah Falls so Grandpa could see them!
We had such a fun time! Oregon is beautiful! WET....but beautiful!
We love you Nate, Ally, Ella and Zach!
Thanks for being the perfect hosts....
and for letting us take over your new and amazing home!
We miss you already!!
"Are we THERE YET?!!!"

12 comments:

Franklin Times said...

Looks beautiful! Glad you had a fun time~ you deserve it. My favorite pictures are of you and your brother and then the little Nate & Sarah. So cute. The video made me laugh. Gotta love road trips with kids... ugh

Heather said...

I can't believe that picture of Zach! That's hilarious! I wish you would have invited us! It looks beautiful!

Rachelle said...

What a wonderful trip!!! I'm glad you guys had a great time. You definitely deserve it. Enjoy your summer!!!!

Megan said...

1. Gorgeous pictures!!
2. Julia looks JUST like you when you were little! Those pictures were so cute!!!
3. You NEED to blow up those pictures of Travis holding Julia....Father's Day present....HELLO!!! So dang precious!
4. So glad you went.....

Amy Spalding said...

One of my favorite places on earth!!! Been to Nike Town, but no VIP pass for us! :)Glad you had fun!

Hillary said...

What a great way to spend Memorial Day Weekend. It looks like you guys had so much fun and did a lot.

We are making that long drive tomorrow. I agree it is a beautiful drive the last couple of hours, but Idaho could use some help. Maybe with all of the rain it will be greener.

I can't believe how much Julia looks like you. She is beautiful.

RyanandSheree said...

What fun pictures!!! I loved growing up there...Ryan proposed at multnomah falls and we got married in the Portland temple and Seaside is our favorite beach! Glad you had a fun trip and yes the drive is VERY long, especially with 3 kids!

Merinda said...

I am so jealous. I have been everywhere you went because we lived in Portland for 2 years. It is so beautiful there. We have been wanting to get back there for so long. We wanted to go this fall but I guess putting a son on a mission is more important.

Grandma's Corner said...

It looks like everybody is filling a bucket today! Everyone seems to be so happy! Grandpa Bob and I went on that exact same trip and we agree that Portland is a beautiful place.

Ally said...

I'm sure glad everyone keeps saying how beautiful it is here..maybe once the rain stops I can say that too! :) HA.
We loved having you, it was very hard to see you go.
Come visit soon, and I LOVE the picture of you/nate, julia/zach..seriously, twinners. It would be nice to have one of my genes in their somewhere.

Hillary said...

Hey Sarah,

I just wanted to let you know I responded to your questions on my blog. I thought it was too long and would be weird to post it here, so I just wanted to let you know it is there. I hope you are doing well.

Mom B said...

Hey Sarah, Carl and I climbed Multnomah Falls when we went to see the Arquettes last year and loved it. It was so nice to see Nate and all of your family too!