Friday, July 9, 2010

A Fish Tale....

A Mom and a Dad took their kids fishing! The Dad caught the first fish of the season, making everyone else step up their game! The Mom was next to reel one in, except the same rules applied as always...... the Dad would have to be the one to take it off the line! Next came a fish to the brother Ty - A pretty good sized Blue Gill. Now it was tied!Meanwhile, the little Sister ate her sandwich and then for whatever reason decided to be a little stinker! She didn't want to be happy for anything!The oldest Brother didn't want to fish as much as he wanted to upload the internet on the Dad's phone because he couldn't wait to get home to see who Free Agent LeBron picked to play for in the NBA. He kept the entire family up on all the Basketball Happenings!

A few casts later, the Dad brought in the big one!
Many pictures were taken as proof!(And yes....the scale says - 2 Lbs. 3 oz.)
Not to worry, the Mom brought in a good one herself, just shortly after. At first it seemed possible that it was even bigger than the Dad's, until the scale was brought out and shattered all hope!
(and...Yes, the scale only says 15 oz
and.....yes, the Mom is holding the scale like it has a disease!)

We soon lost count, but are sure that over 10 fish were caught in the 2 hour span.
The weather was awesome, the scenery was beautiful.
And in the end.....
the Mom and Dad snuggled, (cheesy, but true!).....
The Little Sister Cheered up....
and they all lived happily ever after.....
except the poor fishy
that floated to the top after the hook got stuck.
(Hate when that happens!)

8 comments:

Kristi said...

So fun! Fishing is great fun.

Megan said...

I love it! Ahhhh, I just love summer!!!!

Ronda said...

How cute! I love it!

Merinda said...

Maybe you need to make a book with that one, you are a great storyteller. Such fun trips. Events like that will never be forgotte. My kids still talk about our family trips like that.

Franklin Times said...

Love this story :)

Heather said...

Uuuhhh...thanks for the invite! We would like to go just once when the fish ARE biting!

Mom B said...

Sarah, your little girl is such a doll and she looks exactly like you! I really enjoy your uplifting blog and I'm so proud of you and all you have accomplished in your life!

Megan said...

Oh Sarah...I just love you and your family. Seriously...you guys are so stinkin cool! Your family rates 15 out of 10 on my "I hope to be just like them one day" meter. Gosh I miss you guys...