Over UEA weekend we had the opportunity to stay in a Cabin in Island Park with Trav's family. It was the first time all of us have been together in over 6 years, I think I heard. The kids loved being with all 17 of their cousins! We hardly ever saw them the whole time! I had never been to Island Park. It is beautiful up there. We drove all through Yellowstone and were able to take the kids to see Old Faithful. My goal was to see a bear - but to no avail. Lots of Elk, buffalo, deer and squirrel instead! We drove a big loop to waterfalls and the lake for a total of about 7 hours. It was awesome! We did some 4-wheeling, drove to Henry's lake, watched movies, took naps, went for walks, played games, and had our hair done by the 3-12 year old girls! That was heaven for me! I made them each take a turn!!


On our way home, we stopped in Idaho to show the kids where Great Grandma and Grandpa Burke lived and were buried. This brought back a ton of memories! By the time Trav and I met, Grandpa was already gone, but I had the privilege of knowing Grandma. Trav drove us through town and told the kids a bunch of stories of riding the canal on tubes, etc. We knocked on the door of their home and asked the owners if we could take a picture. Sure wish it would have been Grandma and her rice pudding inside, with those soft hands of hers!!


This was such a fun weekend! Thank you Grandma and Bob! We really had a good time! Love you all!
5 comments:
Looks and sounds like, fun fun and more fun! Glad you had such a great time, you deserve it.
Sorry you didn't get to see a bear, but it looks like you had a great time. I love family reunions.
Sounds like you had a GREAT time!
I loved it and so did Bob! We will have to do it again. I know I will never forget the time we had together.
What a great thing to do! Those are always so worth while. Lots of work but so worth it! Special memories for the children to have as well.
Post a Comment