(Jake Godfrey, Zach Scofield, Brock Gilbert, Austin Kirkman, Tanner Judd)
Bottom: Sawyer Larsen, Garrett, Ty Metcalfe
I think we were all thrilled to see the coach walk in and take over! The boys played awesome and beat that team by 50 something points. We walked out in the hall and I found myself caught between being a Mother hen and realizing Garrett was old enough to walk around, hang out, and take care of himself at this big campus and truly didn't need, and quite possibly even want his Mom there watching over him. I hung out with the kids for an hour or so, made sure they were ok, made them check in with their mothers to tell them how the first game went, and then I decided I would give Garrett time with his buddies and hugged him and left. This was a week long camp. The kids stayed in a hotel off campus, ate at Golden Corral every day for every meal, and played 3-4 games per day. Trav and I drove down Wednesday night to watch a couple of games. We were so proud. Garrett did a great job as did our whole team. They were holding their own for sure.
Our team went undefeated the entire week, until Friday at the Semi-Final game.
They only played half games for the Championship day,
so you had to show up and play hard for that 20 mins or so, which we did,
but in the end we lost by 2 to Centennial, who we had already beat earlier in the week,
which stinks.....but that's how it goes!
We were so proud of these guys!
Over the entire week they played 16 games and only lost 1.
That's a long, hard week.....mixed with a ton of goofing off and having fun.
Garrett loved it! Said it was one of the best weeks of his life so far.
I on the other hand, found it extremely frustrating that he didn't check in once.
I did all the checking in each day.
When he returned home I gently reminded him who sends the care packages
while he's on a mission, and that if he does little checking in from the mission field,
there will be very few care packages sent in return! Ha ha!
We all missed Bub and were glad to have him home,
but were so proud of the way he played and behaved!
No comments:
Post a Comment