Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School

Every first day of school always brings with it feelings of nostalgia for me.
With my kids getting older, I desperately long to have them little again.
I love watching them grow and experience life,
but I realize how fast it is happening, and can't help but long for more time with them.
Garrett and Ty are back together in school again, and this will happen only once more
when they are together again in High School.
As I watched them walk across the street together I had visions of them driving around in their jeep through our back yard in Washington Terrace, when they were just tiny.
Ty was excited and ready to start Jr. High.
We joke that it is hard to tell which is the older brother now....
as he is just about ready to pass Garrett up.
(That is a sore subject around here.....so we won't dwell on that here!)
 
 
 
Sis always gets a nervous stomach and has a mild panic attack 
to start the first day of school.
Being in the Chinese Immersion program hasn't been easy for her.
She works herself in to a tizzy worrying about doing well and understanding
the Chinese portion of her schooling.
It makes for some rough mornings sometimes, but I can't say that I blame her.
I too, could see myself struggling with it.
However, I am so extremely proud of her, and the fact she has stuck with it.
She actually carried on a conversation in Chinese with a lady in San Diego this summer, 
and it was awesome for her and us to know she could.
I'm proud of Julia for Doing Hard things!
Once she got to school, and got settled, she was ok.....getting there was another story.
 
 
 Mrs. Montgomery
 Mrs. Chen
 More tears, but those cleared up and she had a great first day of school!
Austy was there to greet her and love her.
He misses the kids and keeps me busy destroying the house while they are gone!
I'm loving the time I have with just him though....he is my shadow!
I pray they have a great year, full of success and happiness.
I pray they'll be kind.
That they'll be good.
That they'll choose and keep good friends
and make wise decisions.
I hope they'll be good examples and that those who know them
will want to follow what they do.
I love them with all my heart and am so proud of all they do and who they are.
I hope they know that.

No comments: