Ever since the first year Trav and I were married.....
our tradition has always been to get our Tree either on my Birthday, or as close to it as possible!
I like it to be a night and preferably snowing!
I have come to realize, I can control what time of day we go looking,
but I can't always control the weather!
It wasn't snowing this year while we were at the tree lot,
but there was a little snow on the ground!
A little!
I turned at one point to seriously see Garrett with his shirt up,
warming himself by the exhaust of the tree lots generator!
So funny, I couldn't stop laughing!
I found one I really liked, but because everyone else had the idea to shop for their tree
for FHE, the lot was busy and I as too afraid it would be taken before I got a chance
to keep looking around......but Ty had my back and guarded that tree with his life!
Good job Ty!
It's always a relief when we find "The One!"
Trav told me it was at least 2-3 feet too tall.
I figured he really didn't know and that there was plenty
on the bottom and the top that we could cut off!
Deep inside I was really sure we wouldn't have to cut any!
He looked at me, smiled, shook his head and picked up the tree to go purchase it!
He's learned over the years not to question me! Ha ha!
When we arrived at home, with a smile on his face,
Trav grabbed the tape measure with me by his side!
There we stood on the driveway as I learned I would in fact have to cut
3 feet off that tree somehow!
All I could do was laugh.
Trav made some comment about how we had just spent
$70 on a tree we were only going to use half of!
Still.....with a smile on his face!
He's a good man!
So.....we chopped a little here, and chopped a little there until
we had the tree at the perfect height!
Once inside and in the stand, we still had to take more off that thing!
Once it was in place, I stepped back and told Trav we now had a $50 tree!
He wasn't too amused by that point! Ha ha!
I love, love, love the smell a real tree brings in to our home.
That is Christmas for me!
Trav put the lights on it and I spent the next day
decorating it for when the kids got home from school.
Now the Holidays can begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment