Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Our Other Little Song Bird!

Syracuse Jr. High Christmas Concert
Tues., December 15, 2015 - Syracuse High School Auditorium 


Last year, Ty had to take Choir as one of his Art Credits.
He was not super thrilled about that at first.
However, he has a really cool choir teacher and had a bunch of his friends in there too.
He and his friend Mikey Metcalfe were hilarious in their concerts and put on quite a show.
To my surprise, Ty signed up for choir again this year....all on his own.
I wish it was a full year class....because he has loved it!
His Christmas Concert did not disappoint this holiday season!
Ty and Mikey had a little part at the first and end of "All I Want For Christmas Is You!"
They had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands!
 
 
 
 After every performance, these two do this!
We call it the Ty and Mikey Signature Pose!
 Ty and his Crush......Tyra Hamblin
 Mikey Metcalfe, Ty, Kobe Rusch, Bridger Hamblin
(Garrett was a High School Bball Practice)
When we got home from the concert that night, there was an anonymous phone call
that came in telling Ty to check the porch!
When he opened our front door, we heard a car load of girls yell,
"We love you Ty!"
They sped off so fast as Ty looked down to find a bowl of Frozen Yogurt from
Cherry Berry waiting for him!
That put a huge smile on his face!
Still have no idea who they all were......but Ty ate it all up!
 It was a super fun night.....I'm going to miss those concerts in the Spring.
I look forward to what Ty and Mikey will come up with next!

Each term for choir, the kids are required to attend a concert of some kind and write a report.
This term, the choir teacher gave them another option over a concert.
She said they could take 6 music lessons from someone and have the teacher sign them off.
Ty and Mikey chose to spend 6 lessons with me instead of a concert!
I'm so glad they did!
We had a blast!
Because they were both so busy with basketball games and practice after school,
we broke our lessons in to 3 1.5 hour lessons.
The first part of our lesson I taught them piano theory.
The second have I taught them the "Heart And Soul" duet.
Watching them get the fingering right and learn the notes was hilarious!
When they finally got it down, they would play it all the way through and then
cheer and clap and high five with so much excitement!
I loved it!
I took videos and sent them to their teacher......she loved them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Their last lesson, Caden Mitchell was here and they talked him into dancing
 in the background while they played!
This was totally out of Caden's comfort zone and it showed!
Ty and Mikey were dying laughing when they realized what Caden was back there doing!

It's made me so happy that Ty has continued to want to play with me.
We are trying to perfect "Heart and Soul"
by watching Youtube videos and figuring it out on our own.
Love the time spent at the piano with Ty.
Definitely better than some concert somewhere!

No comments: