Wednesday, December 30, 2015

We Have A 16 Year Old In The House!!

 -  December 28, 2015 -
I swear I was just getting my drivers license and going on my first date.....
and here I am now, with my very own 16 year old!
I cannot believe Bub has been in our lives for 16 years now!
I will never, ever forget the feeling I felt when he made me a Mom for the first time.
Garrett got his permit back in July.
I was so surprised that he really didn't show much interest in driving.
I had to basically beg him to get down to the DMV to take his test.....
because I truly didn't want to drive him to all of his practices between Basketball and Football
for very much longer.
On the same hand......I was scared to death to have him out driving alone!
It's a double edged sword for sure!

Because he was a day late getting his permit, he had to wait a day extra to 
get his actual license from his Birthdate. 
On his actual Birthday, he had a basketball game for the Christmas Tournament the 
High School Basketball team was playing in down in SLC.
So, he didn't get to do much that day.
But the day before, after we got home and settled from church.....
his long time friend from Elementary, Valerie Harker stopped by to visit 
and bring him a fun gift of crazy things that they have either experienced together,
or joked about over the years.
That made Garrett's whole Birthday!
Valerie stayed and ate dinner with us and then the selfie stick came out
and all of the kids made a video singing and dancing to "All I Want For Christmas Is You!"
So, So Funny!
 
 
 
 
The next morning, Garrett and I got up and hurried down to the DMV to seal the deal!
 Waiting patiently to be called up to the window!
 He's OFFICIAL and LEGAL!
Garrett Driving us home in HIS pick up truck.

Grandpa Randle was so generous in allowing Garrett to "borrow"
his 2007 Toyota Tacoma!
This little truck is practically identical to the pickup I drove all through High School.
It's fun to see Garrett driving almost the same thing.....
only I didn't have power steering or a radio!
Lucky Duck!
It took him a little while to get comfortable with the Stick Shift.....
but now he's quite good at it!
It was quite funny actually......Garrett sincerely asked us how much it would cost to get
automatic lock doors and windows!  Ha ha!
Sorry Bub......some luxuries have to come later in life on your own dime!
While shopping at Smith and Edwards, we found him the PERFECT
trailer hitch plug......Bubba didn't think that was too funny!
Somehow it keeps disappearing and we keep putting it back in!
Couldn't be more perfect!

I am so grateful for this kid!
The personality the Lord placed in him is so much larger than life!
Garrett has the ability to touch many, many lives because he can makes friends with anyone!
He makes me laugh all the time.
We send each other stupid videos we make throughout 
the day and we die laughing at ourselves!
He has been talking in some voice from some tv character and sometimes I want to be mad
and I just cant when he pops that out!

Garrett is so fun to have around!
We love you Bub!
Happy, Happy 16th Birthday!


No comments: