
This morning I had a sweet conversation over cereal with my "almost" 2 year old. We were sitting at the coffee table, watching Regis and Kelly - eating our Honey Bunches! With both of our heads leaning over our shared bowl, I looked up and said, "I love you baby!" As gently as could be, she looked up at me with milk running down her chin, and said, "lub 'ewe too, Mommy." And with that, she leaned over the cereal and gave me a kiss! I swear my whole insides melted! Before I knew it, we had devoured the whole bowl, and she was carrying it into the kitchen saying, "all gone, all gone!" She was right, our tender moment was all gone, but the memory is forever etched in my heart! I am so grateful for my kids and especially to my husband....his hard work and dedication allows me to stay home and experience these blessings. Julia....you're everything I ever imagined when I dreamed for years about having a daughter! P.S. "I lub 'Ewe too!"
3 comments:
How sweet is that? Aren't girls so sentimental? She is such a mini-you, I love it. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who shares big bowls of cereal (and all the slobber and germs that go with it) with my kiddos. And, I think this is the first time ever I have been the first one to make a comment on one of your posts, hooray for me!!!
I love those moments, my baby is a giant 4 year old boy and he still is so sweet like that on occasion. They are the things that keep ya goin' on the not so sweet days!
Hey Sarah, I am going to change my blog to private, will you send me your email so I don't forget you? errand@cox.net Thanks!
Post a Comment