Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Little Walk Down Memory Lane

I'd like to introduce you to my very first friend at Morgan Elementary School! Today I got to catch up with Lori and meet her adorable family! She lives in Idaho, and so we never get to see each other. I was so excited when she joined the blogging world, so I could peek into her life more often! I was even more excited when she called and said she was coming to Utah and wanted to get together. She and her "little's," as she refers to them, came today for Cafe Rio lunch at our house. I love time spent with Lori, because she is definitely someone that I can go for years without talking to, and then pick right up where we left off. One guarantee is that there is always a ton of laughter when she is around....and I mean full on belly laughs! I realized today when she left, that she really is one of my very first memories! I remember being so nervous to start 1st grade at a brand new school, in a new area where I didn't know anyone. I walked into class, mom helped me write my name on a stick'em to wear on my shirt, and then I looked around wondering where to sit. I still remember Lori asking me to sit by her. I spent the whole day with her....I was in awe from the very start, as she spent most of the class showing me how she can literally blow bubbles from her own saliva off of the end of her tongue! (I wonder if she can still do that at 30....?!!) That was the year I lost my mom, and I remember Lori being around and getting help from our teacher when I would cry off and on through the days. She has been there as long as I can remember. I am so grateful to call her my friend. I'm pretty sure we are related,...her parents had the same picture in their family tree frame, as my Grandma Randle had on her wall....we were meant to be from the very beginning, I guess!! And after today, I am a firm believer in "Pre-arranged Marriages!" Lori has beautiful children, and it just so happens that she has one for each of my kids.....works out good for both families as far as I see it! (We might have to really find out if we're related or not first!!) Thank you Lori for a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is so darn awesome! I love friends like that and I love that you were able to catch up with her after all this time. What a special friend to be there for you when you lost your momma. I am so grateful for those that the Lord placed in my life to help me and know He truly does know us and watches out for us always. Neat story!

Lori said...

Okay, stop making me cry! Yes, the bubbles still fly from off the tip of my tongue and I still impress people with that talent on occasion (mostly the primary kids who think I am my own bubble making factory. If you forget the bubbles in nursery, you know who to call). I'm all for pre-arranged marriages!!! I had a ball, thanks for all the memories and laughs.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Your comment on my blog was so sweet and heartfelt. THANK YOU. I don't care that you are a stranger, you are a sister in the gospel and can consider me a friend if you like. Please stop by anytime.