
In a week of Season Premieres, we had a Finale....our last camp trip of the year! It started off a little rough....with me spending every ounce of time Friday getting food ready and packing, to Travis driving all the way to American Fork Canyon only to find that there wasn't
one spot in the entire place available, and then driving home again! That didn't stop us however....we waited it out and left again, early Sunday morning and were able to find a place by noon! Timpanogos was BEAUTIFUL! At the risk of sounding completely ridiculous....I got a little choked up as we drove up the canyon. The colors were amazing....it really makes you realize how wonderful all of Heavenly Father's creations are. It was breathtaking! We set up camp and got the dutch ovens ready for our visitors. Grandma and Grandpa Davies, Uncle Brent, Spencer and Steph, LeRoy and Holly and their girls, Grandpa Randle and Gus!



The next morning we got up and went four wheeling all around Tibble Fork Resevoir. It was awesome, but the kids only lasted about 2 hours, and then it was back to camp!


We finished off the night with Marshmallows, our Family Home Evening lesson around the fire, and then Mom and Dad making the executive decision to pack up and drive home in time to sleep in our own beds! We woke up this morning refreshed and ready to winterize the 5th wheel....which marks the close of it's 19th Season.....
and our 1 millionth set of memories!
4 comments:
Isn't it just such a great blessing to be able to spend quality time with family and make such wonderful memories. Makes you know what were really here for and definately makes it all worth it.
I get choked up all the time when I think of how beautiful this world's creations are. I used to get teary-eyed when I was in primary teaching the kids songs about nature and such! Sounds like a wonderful trip and those grandparents are precious. How fun!
Sarah, you are the best writer! I am so touched by each of your posts. You just have a way of saying things that so captures the humor and the sensetive, sentimental loving feelings of family life. I love your blog! Plus, seeing all those pics of your family makes me all gushy inside. I love your family and I love seeing you all hang around together. Thanks!
sounds like quite the time...still 105 here..the trees are beautiful and green still. I'm trapped in never-ending summer. I will be one big freckle in the next year!
Post a Comment