Monday, September 8, 2008

Girls Day Out - Hogle ZOO

Being the mom of a little girl who absolutely loves animals, I couldn't resist thoughts of taking her to the Zoo. I had decided that today was the day, so I called Heidi up and we headed to the Zoo for a Mommy-Daughter date with our girls! Julia was in Heaven. There were so many parts of the Zoo that she didn't want to leave. She and Abby went from animal to animal completely enjoying themselves. When we arrived at the Elephants, they had a new huge statue of an Elephant that I thought would be the perfect place to take a picture. I set Julia on the Trunk, and no sooner did I do that, then the thing started making these crazy sounds and she wasn't going along with that! We had just put Abby up there with her and she didn't like it either. As I stepped up to get them off, it started squirting water out of the trunk. Now Heidi and I are screaming and our girls are crying! It was so funny, I had to show the sequence!!


You probably had to be there....but we were dying!







We packed our lunch and had a picnic and then finished the day off with a Hogle Zoo Train ride! Thanks Heidi, Abby and Julia for a fun "Girls Day Out!" Next "Day Out" we'll have to hit the mall!

9 comments:

MorrisFamilyMemories said...

Hey Sarah,
I'm so excited to finally see your family blog. Heidi has told me how cute it was and she was right. You are so perfect for your new calling! Congrats! Denise

Ed said...

Sarah, this is Erin (used to be Stevenson, Deller now). I found your blog through a friend of a friend, I hope you don't mind I thought I would say, "Hi!" Your family is beautiful! I would love to hear from you and see hear how life is treating your little family!
Erin
erindd@mac.com

Kari said...

What a precious girls' day out! You are the best mom! I love how you adore Julia and enjoy her. Every post I read on your blog inspires me. I want to take time to spend great days one-on-one like that with my kids. So happy for your memories with your beautiful little girl!

Kari

McDougal's said...

HEY...This is so much fun. I got your message but it has been so crazy. I am hoping to call you on Wed. when I have some time to chat! Your family is beautiful! Congrats on the calling-you are just made for it. Once a leader always a leader! Those were the good old days huh.We think about you guys too and there have been a couple of times that I have driven past your house and just wanted to stop but I thought that would be to mean..but now I have your number! Talk to you soon...love you guys so much! Tammy

Angie said...

Sarah- You probably don't remember me. I am Angie Kofford Daniels, My brother is Nate Kofford. I ran across your blog on a friends. You family is beautiful! So glad you are happy. If you are interested you can link to Nate's family off my blog.

Megan said...

LOL, we went to the zoo recently and my kids weren't too sure about that elephant and all it's noises! Seth liked it, but he likes loud things! Looks like a fun day! :)

justin and jaime wimmer family said...

Oh my goodness Sarah, Julia looks like a little mini YOU. How darling. Your family is so cute and getting so big. I do miss you coming to see me at work. It was fun to hear from you on our blog. Keep in touch.

Ally said...

so nice new lay-out! :) I'm glad you are the new presidente. See you in 4 years! :)

Heather said...

Looks like we missed out on a good time! But, wasn't is special having a girls day? I love how many comments you've gotten! I think it's a new record!