10 years ago
Monday, September 22, 2008
Toothfairy Boycott
So, today, the Burke household is in a serious war against the toothfairy! Why....you might ask, would we be in a war against a force that always comes bearing monetary gifts?!! Well, our sweet little Tyler woke up today, after his second attempt at a visit from the Toothfairy, with his hopes once again crushed. You can only imagine, as his mother, the feelings of outrage I had also against this little fairy. How could it disappoint my little boy once again? I began fielding all sorts of questions as they were asked through all kinds of tears....why does the toothfairy hate me mom? Is the toothfairy really alive? I wanted to go back to sleep and try waking again, in hopes this was all just a bad dream, but the reality was that my little boy was heart broken, over a yucky old tooth and a $1 bill! As pathetic as it is....I quickly remembered my Sis.-in-law posting that her daughter and her little friend had both lost the same teeth just recently....the beauty of it is...they live in California. Judge as you will....but I reminded Ty how long it took us to drive to see them and so how long it must take a little "Fairy" to get there and back and that the fairy must have ran out of time, that was all, plain and simple. She really did love Ty after all and she really was living, just on a little vacation from the cares of the world in Sunny Southern California. Tyler resolved, after hearing my explanation, that he would give that darn old fairy just one more chance tonight....if the tooth was still there in the morning, he was only going to believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny....(I'm assuming because they are always dependable...they always "deliver"!!) After he left my room.....the toothfairy set her alarm clock for 10:30 pm tonight....no room for mistakes when given one last chance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
LOL! Good thing our toothfairy is a HE and HE always remembers or else our kids would be as sad as little Tyler. Good job setting your alarm!
Ha!!! How I had to laugh at that, even though the tooth fairy has always delivered on time at our house, but not without many near misses! I sure hope she shows tonight, for poor Ty's sake!
Oh man, the darn tooth fairy has taken a little longer to get to my kids on more than one occasion...she must be getting old and slow...
All I have for you is 4 words, "BEEN THERE, DONE THAT" and yes, there is trauma and sadness. With 5 kids in 5 years all losing teeth at the same time, I thought our poor tooth fairy would have either run out of money, or simply "done give out". Chalk it up to a fairy that has alot on her plate and move on to the next lost tooth.
Poor Ty. I hope the fairy did deliver last night so he can go on believing!
Oh I am so glad that your tooth fairy is Crazy too. Our toothfairy we have found does not work on Sundays and the reason she forgot it two nights in a row is because it was family night the next night and she was busy with her own family, but when Wednesday morning came around and she had forgotten again we were totally shocked ...our daddy had to go and check to see if the money really wasn't there and just amazingly enough found a dollar bill tucked between the mattress and the box springs..crazy how that money can fall there huh. Poor little Toothfairy, you gotta love her..she is just trying so hard!
so funny!
What a laugh! Our fairy is about to be fired. Good thing our oldest daughter now knows, she's a big help. She was dissappointed so many times, she now leaves a reminder note on our pillow when someone loses a tooth so that she can spare her siblings the same type of childhood!
What a funny story, that poor tooth fairy!
Post a Comment