"All that I am, or hope to be,
I owe to my Angel Mother."
Abraham Lincoln
I've thought a lot this week about Mother's Day and what it means to me. I wish my sweet Mom was here to pamper, but how grateful I am for the memories of her that fill my mind as holiday's such as this come around. I'm so thankful the Lord allowed me 7 years with her.....because in that time, she taught me the simple truths of the gospel and of life......and I hope in some way, that I am Mothering my children as she did me. She is never far, and I feel that often.I owe to my Angel Mother."
Abraham Lincoln
My heart is with her today.
Grandma Davies is right there along with the thoughts of Mom. Where I would be without her, is anyone's guess. She is one of the greatest gifts in my life. Grandma is one of my closest friends. She stepped right in and took over, where Mom had to leave off. There isn't much she doesn't know. I'm so grateful her life was spared from cancer 7 years ago, so that my children know and love her as well. We talk pretty much on a daily basis, and what a blessing that is. She is a perfect example of a Christ-like life, and I owe her a great deal of my life for all she has done for our family.
Then, there are the women like Lavonne Cooper who were there for me every step of the way, to Mother when needed. I was always included in special "Family" times, and was never treated as though I wasn't theirs! Still to this day, Lavonne doesn't let a Birthday or Mother's day go by without sending me cards and gifts in the mail. If I can be as she when I grow up, then all my dreams will have come true!
How grateful I am for a Mother-in-law who stands for all that is good. My life wouldn't be the same without her, because through her, my husband came! I give her the credit for the Man he is today. She always worked so hard to help provide for her family and to raise them in a righeous way and now my children are benefitting from her teachings! She is an incredible example and I'm so glad she picked up the phone and asked me on a 2nd date with Trav....since he didn't have the courage!
I am surrounded by wonderful Sisters-in-law, who I watch closely for pointers on how to Mother! Each in their own way, have qualities I want to possess when it comes to raising kids! I'm hoping that someday soon, I WILL possess them! They are all awesome Moms!
One of my favorite LDS songwriters, Hilary Weeks, wrote a song which is the title of her new album "If I Only Had Today." The first time I heard it, I had a thousand emotions come over me. She managed to write exactly what I think about..... a lot. Sometimes I think too much about only having today. I guess it stems from the fact that I know how fast life can change and in an instant, things are never the same again. I made this little clip in honor of the women in my family, who have been incredible examples to me of how to be a "Mom." Somedays I become too involved in what I'm doing, or what phone conversation I could be having. I'm thankful for reminders that each day is a gift.
Today, I am grateful for the blessing the Lord has given me to be a Mother. I am not the most patient, and sometimes not the most kind. But, I realize what an honor this calling is and there isn't anything (besides Trav), that I love more than my 3 little ones. They bring so much joy to me. Sometimes I am still amazed when they call ME "Mom." Why am I so lucky that they are mine? I only pray the Lord will find me fit to send more.....because Motherhood is truly my most cherished gift.
Happy Mother's Day to you all! May you be fed, loved and backrubbed......heaven knows we all deserve it!
10 comments:
Happy Mothers Day Sarah! You are such a beautiful person and a wonderful example of pure and true motherhood. I am glad you have been blessed by others examples and have had the love of your mother (in a sacred way) in your life. I loved the video tribute, it is beautiful and I thank you for blessing my life with your example. Luv ya
That was so beautiful, it brought a tear to my eye. Thanks for always putting a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. You are such a wonderful person, words can't say. Happy mothers day.
You are my IDOL! I know we are not suppose to worship idols, but when I grow up I want to be just like you! I know your mom is so proud of the MOM THAT YOU ARE!!! You are not only one FANTABULOUS mother to your super great children, but you are a FANTABULOUS mother to all the YW in the ward (which includes my McCall). We are both in awe of you every day (and not just for you bombcious blogging skills but for pretty much everything you do and are)! You do not know how you have touched (and continue to touch) both of our lives. I know your mom is an incredible person, because she lives inside of you!
Oh Sarah, your posts never fail to bring tears to my eyes. You are such a wonderful example to me. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog - I LOVE YOU TOO!! I'm so grateful we've had you in our lives all these years and I'm proud to consider you a "sister"!
Sarah, Thank you so much for you lovely, kind words. You're easy to love. You posess the gift of gratitude, optimisim, happiness and love. We have all been blessed by your great strength and special spirit. I know your Mom
is so proud of you and you and your family bring so much joy into your Dad's life, who was such a good Dad/Mom. I say amen to all
the wonderful qualities of Grandma Davies. What a faithful, loving
lady. We all love her too.
What a lovely Mother's Day tribute
from your sweetheart, Travis, what a great guy!
I loved the pictures and reading all about your Disney trip. I can only imagine how much fun the kids had! Say hi to your family for me.
It was fun to see Nate and his family and your Dad and Spencer and Grandma Davies. Everyone looks so great! Thanks for sharing with us! I love you! Lavonne
Nice little Sarah. Hope you had a great day.
Sarah, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I loved the slideshow! Hilary Weeks has been one of my favorite artists since I worked at Deseret Book, and the song brought tears to my eyes. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Sarah, did I do a great job in taking the bull by the horns and calling you!! If the truth was known, after all these years, it was just following the prompting of our Heavenly Father. What a beautiful person you are and we are so glad that you are in our family. I love you so much and appreciate how you take care of my grandchildren and my son!
I wish that I could write down all that I am feeling just the way you do. You pretty much sum up everything in my heart too...can I just copy some of your blog and attach it to mine...Thanks your the best!
Sarah,
As usual, your post made me cry. What a lovely, grateful, giving, loving example of motherhood YOU are - what a special tribute to have recorded. Amazing.
Kari
Post a Comment