Monday, May 18, 2009

City Slickers -

We spent this weekend in Bear Lake with the whole Burke Family. It was great.....we always look forward to this trip. Trav's sister Heidi takes care of the Lake Town Lodge, and is able to reserve it for family once a year. Each of us couples have individual suites all to ourselves upstairs and then there are 2 rooms with bunk beds - the boy cousins take one and all of the girl cousins take the other. The Lodge is awesome - there is a huge kitchen and family area on the main, and then downstairs is a theater room with pool, ping-pong, and fooseball tables and a children's play room. Heidi's Bishop and family own a Ranch, so she made arrangements for us to go and ride horses for 2 hours. The kids loved it......even this "City Girl" took the reigns and rode herself around the corral!! (I guess that's what you call it!) Afterwards, all of the Sis-in-law's took a 3 mile walk while the husbands napped and the kids played at the park. We had a pinata party (thanks to Aunt Ronda) and family Baseball game. We finished the night with dinner, movies, and a jewelry party! Sunday morning was spent cleaning up and driving home! We pulled in just in time for Seminary Graduation!! It was a great weekend spent making memories with family!

(Lots of Pics loaded for Grandma and family to see! Enjoy!)

8 comments:

Lori said...

How fun! I love Bear Lake and it sounds especially nice right now with all of this heat down here! I am so impressed you got on a horse and rode it around--woohoo Marilu! I always knew you had it in you.

Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Franklin Times said...

Okay..wow, that looks and sounds like so much fun! I love family trips, they create priceless memories for the kids.

Joe and Rach said...

Looks like you had tonz of fun with your family. I bet your kids loved those horse rides!

Camille Parker said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun!!!

I hope you guys are coming camping this weekend with us. We are going to have some fun. As long as it doesn't snow. lol. Hope to see you!!:)

Merinda said...

That definately looks like you guys all had a great time and what a wonderful tradition that your family has. I loved all the pictures, one would swear that you are a professional photographer.

Deana Padelsky said...

Yes Sarah, that's what you call it a corral. I'm impressed with your "Ranch Lingo"! Great pictures as always!

Mom said...

Family is a wonderful blessing Sarah and you have a great one!!
I enjoyed all those great pictures, especially Travi with that cute Julia. She is growing up so fast! Love you, Mom C