Saturday, June 20, 2009

Here's to all the Father's....

Today I am grateful. How to adequately express in words, my gratitude for the amazing men in my life who are not only Father's, but incredible examples in my life and the life of my children, is not an easy task. I have to first start off with my amazing husband. I consider myself the luckiest girl alive to be married to this man. I found a card today that said it all....."What is a Daddy? A daddy helps fix things, buys ice cream, plays games, He Laughs with you, hugs you...and calls you fun names...And he always finds time that he's willing to spend, being your daddy and being your friend!" The crazy thing about that card is that just this week, Trav did all of those things! The even crazier thing is....he does them all of the time. I am in awe at the amount of time he spends playing with the kids, coaching their teams, teaching them, loving them, and making them laugh. I'm so thankful he is in my life and is the Father he is to our children! He is everything a Father should be.

I love him.Next would be my own sweet Dad. I idolize him. How could I not when he took three little kids, and raised us on his own, after Mom died. I can't imagine what it was like for him working at his busy law office, after getting the kids off to school, then returning from a long day and caring for them late into the night. Just the other day he told me there were many days when he was half asleep walking through the grocery story at 10:30 at night, just to make sure that his kids didn't wake up without any milk in the house. As if he didn't have enough on his plate he somehow found the time to learn to french braid, so his little girl wouldn't be the only one at school without the "cool" hair-do, went shopping all over the wasatch front for the latest awesome Espirit bag for the first day of Jr. High, and found women in the ward that would be willing to sew his daughter modest homecoming and prom dresses. My Dad is a huge hero in my life and I'm grateful he is my Dad and that my kids have Him to call "Grandpa!" Love my Dad! I'm holding on to his shirt-tail- I just know the Lord's greatest blessings will be his. Love my Grandpa Davies....he is another huge giant in my life. He is everything a Christ-like person should be. His hugs envelope your whole body and make your spirit smile. And....it doesn't matter if your a Walmart greeter, you're getting one! I love that man with all my heart.
So glad that he has been preserved for this life up till now, so that my children can know him and love him.
Grandpa Burke is an amazing Grandpa, when he comes bounding through the door, the kids immediately begin moving furniture out of the way so they can spend the next hour wrestling around the floor with him. He definitely has a way of loving the kids in a way no other can! His life was recently spared from a horrible accident. We feel so blessed to have him with us!There are countless others! Without making this a rediculously long post, I will just make mention of my other sweet Father-in-law Bob who is an incredible man and we are so glad he's in our family, my Brother Nate who is a wonderful Father and example, many Uncle's who are there for our family and so supportive of our kids, wonderful Brother's-in-law! Thank you all for the righteous examples you are to our boys. How blessed we are for a Father in Heaven who hears and answers our prayers and to whom we owe everything! So grateful he sent these wonderful men into our lives! Happy Father's Day to you all!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

What a neat post! I have always admired your Dad. As we were growing up, he was always so nice to me. Your words were a good reminder to me to be thankful for the all of the great dads that I have in my life as well!