9 a.m. -Julia's eardrum bursts - called the Doc. - Appointment made for following morning.
11 a.m - Neighbor calls - asks me to make the bouquet for her daughter's bridal pics. this coming Sunday - thinks I am a professional florist and asks for my wholesale number to Jimmy's floral shop! :) - don't have one to give, but in my mind, I AM a professional and agree to the job! (find out later that night how particular they are about it - realize I AM NOT a professional, after hearing what they want - upset stomach now!)
5 p.m. - Trav calls to plan Family Home Eve. - decide to take the boat to Mantua to fish - call Lloyd family and extend invite to come - they place our gigantic order with Burger King - we picnic, we fish, we catch nothing, white caps form on the water, we leave just before the rain! Fun night even though we weren't successful!
Tues., June 2nd -10:30 a.m. - Appt. with Ear/Nose/Throat Doc. - one look in both ears and immediately diagnoses burst eardrum and fluid in the other - surgery for 2nd set of tubes and adenoid removal made for 7 a.m. following morning - Julia becomes 3rd member of the family to meet $1000 deductible in 6 months - Awesome!
12 Noon - Visiting Teaching
2:30 p.m. - Dental Cleanings
5 p.m. - 2 Baseball games
8:30 - Presidency Mtg. - Finalize YW Camp Plans
Wednesday, June 3rd -
7:10 a.m. - Arrive at McKay Dee surgical Center - Pre-op with O.R. nurse, anesthesiologist, and Dr. Bikahzi - take Sis. away to O.R. in wagon screaming for Mom and Dad -30 mins. later Post-op with Dr. Bikahzi.....all went well - called back to Recovery to find Julia with I.V. in hand - told by nurse that during surgery she was coughing so severely they had to suction out her lungs, give her a breathing treatment, and were now running antibiotic through I.V. - hold Sis. till she wants Daddy - give her popcicles - released 1 1/2 hr.'s later - head to Denny's for breakfast and Strawberry shake!
9 a.m. - Garrett Antelope Island Field Trip1 p.m. - Tyler's Class Play - He was Anansi in "How Anansi Got a Waist" - Julia taught some naughty words to boys in the class (one of our finer moments) - Ty was hilarious and read so well! (Unfortanately, Trav has those pics. on his camera)
2-3:45 p.m. - Nap time for Mom and Sis. - Garrett comes running upstairs having an "Episode" with his heart -WAHOO! Recorded it riding on his scooter home from school - I panic thinking maybe they didn't get it - send a 2nd recording - call Life Watch they show they got recordings - call Dr. King @ Primary Children's, he calls Life Watch to request reading and promises to call with results in the morning.
5 p.m. - Drive the family to the Bees game where Garrett's team gets to meet the players and tour the facility - Garrett announces his name and position to the whole crowd and runs out to that specific position on the field - the whole team is in place just in time for all of the Bees players to take their spots on the field with them for the National Anthem - Garrett holds his hat over his heart facing the flag like a real player - the short stop signs Garrett's baseball - tour the facility - eat dinner, cheer for the team - ride the free train - hug "Bumble" the mascot - drive home - BED!!!
Thurs., June 4th - 9 a.m. - Spring Fling at the school - each grade does a dance - Garrett's was a Hawaiian dance, Ty's was a car dance! Both did a great job.....fun to watch!
1 p.m. - Picnic at the Park with my family to say good-bye to little Bro. Spencer - Off to more military training for the Army for 5 months (Georgia/Arizona) - Love that kid - miss him when he's not around -hope his bride of 1 year does okay being alone!!
5 p.m. - Baseball games7 p.m. - Wedding reception
9 p.m. - Make Cards and wrap teacher gifts
Friday, June 5 -
8:30 a.m. - Deliver teacher gifts - say our thank you's and good-bye's - immediately become parents of a 2nd and 4th grader! How did that happen so fast?
12 Noon - The awaited phone call from Dr. King - read the reports of the recordings we sent in - still concerned - wants to get a recording of an episode where there hasn't been any exercise activity beforehand - keep the monitor till June 15th - send it back and call him - go from there! Kinda disappointed, but willing to do what they ask - praying for the right episode to record in the next 10 days!!
1 p.m. - If you're even with us at this point........I've had enough fun and I'm putting myself and Julia down for a nap!
1:15 p.m. - School is out for Summer!
12 Noon - The awaited phone call from Dr. King - read the reports of the recordings we sent in - still concerned - wants to get a recording of an episode where there hasn't been any exercise activity beforehand - keep the monitor till June 15th - send it back and call him - go from there! Kinda disappointed, but willing to do what they ask - praying for the right episode to record in the next 10 days!!1 p.m. - If you're even with us at this point........I've had enough fun and I'm putting myself and Julia down for a nap!
1:15 p.m. - School is out for Summer!
9 comments:
I can't believ this year for you guys! And look how hot we are on the boat! You should have made that one bigger!
Okay Sarah, I am officially a total slacker. I've only been trying to get Kirk graduated (and he is by the sweat of his brow or my brow), working on his mission papers, and going to softball tournaments and baseball games. Not much compared to the wonder woman that you are!
OH MY HECK!!! I thought I was going crazy.... with kids that I ALREADY want to send back to school. My dad's suprise 50th b-day party and a whopper of a yard sale all on sat. whew- i'm tired....
Sorry to hear that you have to keep the heart monitor, but you know those dr's, they seem to know whats best.
And Julia- one more thing to add to your list...lol. they come in 3s. I think your there...
Sarah, I am exhausted just reading your post! Way cute pics though! I'm sorry but my favorite one is of Jules in the wagon crying! Too cute! Glad things went well with her and we'll continue to pray for Garrett. Keep us posted!
My dear Sarah,
Wow, that is one heck of a week! And if I know you, you are smiling through it all. Who new motherhood would be so rewarding, tiring, stressful and joyful all at the same time. I'll pray for you my friend, and hope for a week or more of pute bliss for you.
Gosh! What a crazy week, or shall I say month/year. Hope the craziness is closing to an end! Poor little Julia, hope she's doing better. She's so cute!
Sarah, I should probably tell you that the blog I found this on is someone that I don't personally know. I found her blog skipping, however, she does know I read her blog & that it is linked to mine. Her post is funny & I just thought that it might give you a little reassurance. I am sure she would not mind any questions. She just might not know who I am right off if you happened to mention how you found out about her situation. Enough said. Her name is Jessie & she is linked to my blog under the name "bloggity blog" The post is January 31, 2008. jessica-jensen.blogspot.com If you can not find her from this address, just try clicking her link off by blog list & go back to that post. Good luck with this. Tell Travis hi for the both of us as well.
(I hope her posts don't offend you. She is really funny, but my say inappropriate things, like in this post about "super-tacky")
Okay, I'm so sorry! What a crazy week/month/year. Good luck with the heart monitor. I hope Garrett has an "episode" so you can get that all figured out. It sounds like Marilu and Yolanda need to make some quesadillas in the kitchen to relieve a bit of stress! That would involve pantyhose of course. Good luck with everything--you are awesome!
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! Now I need a nap. How does one person do all those things and still live to tell about it, that's crazy. You are simply amazing.
Post a Comment