A few years ago, we went on a cruise with a couple of our really good friends, LeRoy and Holly. LeRoy and Travis have been friends since Jr. High, and when we got married, LeRoy was always with us! We always wanted to hang out with him. We'd have him over for dinner, play games, go to movies, etc. Every once in a while, we'd set him up, but usually just wanted him to ourselves. LeRoy is one of those people that you can't be around for longer than 2 seconds before finding yourself holding your sides and rubbing your cheeks from dying with laughter. LeRoy met Holly and they went off to the temple and got married and we didn't see each other much after that. We tried to set up times to be together and eventually went on a cruise and had a blast! Knowing me pretty well by then, and having some crazy things happen on the cruise......one night while playing games and eating tons of food on the Lido deck, LeRoy busted out laughing at something I had said or done, and said, "Sarah, sometimes when I look at you.....all I hear in my head is do-do-do-do-d0-do-d0-d0-do-d0-dun-dun-dun-dunna-dunna-dun-dun-dunna.....!" Thus the title, "Cue the Circus Music!" Well, we all laughed and then I secretly wondered if I should take offense to that......until today, as I realized he was right about that......EVERY PART of that!So, a week ago, I checked our Sitemeter, which I do every so often, to make sure things are ok and there isn't anyone that I really question being on our family blog. That night, I became very concerned because someone had come from Google to our MS blog, stayed there for over an hour, and then came to our family blog. They were on every day after that, every few hours, some times for long periods of time. The IP address was one I hadn't ever seen, and under it were the words, "Dick Clark Productions." My imagination ran wild and I started to fear some freak was on here copying our pictures and getting our info. etc. So, after talking it over with Trav, we decided there were too many people coming from google to our MS blog and then the family blog and now this freaky person. So, I email and Facebook all of our friends and family and let them know we are going private. After rounding up a bunch of emails and finally making it private today......I got back on to sitemeter to make sure I had finally kicked that "Freak" off of here once and for all! To my amazement, that "Freak" was still on!! "Maybe it takes a while to become totally private," I thought. So, I drove the carpool to preschool, ran some errands and came home to check. Sure enough, my buddy was on there again! I started to think, "Ok, I only have those I trust on here now.....one of them needs to get a life!" After picking up Garrett and Ty from school, and meeting Grandpa to take them skiing, I came home again and checked. Sure enough.....they had been off for about 3 hrs. but were now back. As I checked further into it, they had checked the same blogs I had too. I called Trav to discuss how strange this whole thing was and while talking it over with him a huge light bulb came on and I thought I had figured out who this "Freak" was. I got off the phone with him, called our internet company and asked the technical support guy if he could tell me what my IP address was. After explaining to him why I needed to know, he checked and began to read to me exactly what I had been seeing on the sitemeter......"216.112.112!!!!!" Laughter came from the other end of the phone as I exclaimed, "You mean to tell me this "Freak" I have been trying to hide from is ME?!!!!!" "Yes, Mam, you're the so called "Freak!" I made him promise that I was not being recorded for quality purposes and immediately hung up the phone to hear him still laughing as he told me "Thanks for calling and have a good day!" Now all I see when I look in the mirror is LeRoy singing the Circus music to me! Good thing I too, have learned to laugh at myself over stupid stuff that I do!
So, let me be the first to welcome all of you to the new and privately "freakish" burkehappy5.blogspot.com.
7 comments:
o.k. thanks for the laugh it made my night!!! xox. :)
I love the circus music...it's become part of my life, too! I'm going to have to do something really good to top that!
OK, that was hilarious...and something I would totally do! Thanks for making me feel better about myself! :)
I'm happy to be here, freaks and all! You are so funny.
HAHAHAH! That is AWESOME!!! Now I don't feel so bad about following my Mom's idea to try curling the flowers with a blow dryer :)
Ok, that is the funniest thing ever! Well freaky girl... don't be stalking yourself to much! haha Thanks for sharing that great story. who knew?
Good to know you get a little crazy every now and then. That's why we can be friends.
Post a Comment