10 years ago
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Perks....
At the Burke house, we enjoy a few perks every now and then. Not only does Grandma Davies give each of us a few dollar bills every time she sees us......she also gives you tithing money for the cash she hands over - PERK! (Until you realize you owe money on the tithing she gave you for tithing....or else it truly defeats the purpose of paying a full tithe!) Grandma Hale and that steamer of hers.....HUGE PERK! Grandpa Randle pays for Netflix for the entire family of Randle's each month for our Roku machines.....another PERK! Grandma Fran and her crocheting so we each have a beautiful lap quilt and our babies have amazing receiving blankets.....check that up to yet another.....PERK! And then.....there's Uncle Nate. He's not so much the PERK, but his job sure as heck is! (Just kidding Uncle Nate. Kinda.) It was so fun this weekend to have him come stay with us while he was in town for a Nike day at Uintah Golf in Sandy. We were supposed to get the opportunity to meet Deron Williams, but seeing as he got traded, well, that put a wrench in those plans. However, they did get Coach Ty Corbin to come to the event, and if I'm being honest.....I think that was the better deal. Maybe not so much for Nike and larger crowds, but for us and our kids......PERK! When we got to the event, Nate came and took the kids back to a room where Coach Corbin was getting fit for a set of Nike Clubs. Nate opened the door and asked if he'd be willing to meet his family. Coach Corbin was so gracious in allowing me and the kids to bust in there and meet him personally and take some pics. He shook each of the kids hands and talked to them about the Jazz.
We went back out front and watched him putt against people in the crowd. At one point Coach looked at me and said, "Come on, wanna give it a try?" I laughed and told him I only play miniature golf, but was willing to try, just as another lady walked up and took my place with Coach.....and I was ok with that. He asked Sis if she wanted to play, but she just wanted to cheer him on! And....she did, every time!
Next thing we knew, Uncle Nate was on the radio talking to KFAN. That was kinda fun to hear them say, "We have Nate Randle joining us today, he is the Marketing Director for Nike Golf!" I got a few shots of him, trying to make him laugh, but he was a true professional and kept his game face on! Nice job, Brother!
We finished the night by getting Coach Corbin's Autograph.....7 times! That's right. The boys each had 2 pictures, Trav got 2 for each of the boys B-Ball teams, and then Sister got one too! I told Coach that our boys were both Free Agents and he got a kick out of that. I didn't mean it to be funny.....I was hoping for another PERK!
He was so kind to us, and took so much time with our kids. They were loving it. Sis came right home and put her signed Ty Corbin pic on her play kitchen. Tonight as the Jazz were playing, she ran upstairs into our room and yelled, "Mom, Coach is on the T.V. I saw him right now!!! Come see!" Thank Heavens for a few PERKS.....or are we moochers?! Maybe, but we sure have fun! Very Proud of Uncle Nate and so glad he came to town! And, Coach......we're huge fans of yours now! You're a good guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PERKS are awesome, but I'm wondering why our PERK wasn't mentioned!?
Post a Comment