Mother's Day was wonderful this year.
It was a little different than most.
Uncle Brent and Aunt Barb had a trip planned to Italy,
and had asked all of the family to help with Grandma while they were gone.
Nate and I pretty much split the time over the course of the 2 weeks they were away.
Our basketball teams had planned a tournament in Boise for Mother's Day weekend.
We knew ahead of time we'd have Grandma and
we all decided we'd rather have time with her.
we all decided we'd rather have time with her.
While it was hard to back out of the tournament, we were so grateful we did.
We decided we'd take her to the cabin, as she had been asking to go
while she felt well, and before the weather got too warm.
So, we left Friday, May 8th and stayed til Sunday, May 10th
which also happened to be Mother's Day.
The weather at the Cabin was horrendous.
It snowed for 12 hours straight that Saturday.
It didn't ruin our fun, however.
We snacked and ate til we were sick, watched Hallmark Movies, skyped Uncle Bruce,
Opened Mother's Day gifts, and just enjoyed being together.
Grandma even taught the kids how to make Banana Cream pies.
It was heaven having that time with her.
She is already planning a trip in the early summer.....
she wants Trav to cook her some steaks on the grill out on the deck.
I think we can manage that!
Ty Soaking up a Gma D. Backrub!
Sis and Gma making pies
Austy giving Gma her gifts
Jammies, a shirt and Meet the Mormons DVD
I don't know what we would do without her in our lives.
I am so grateful my kids have the blessing of knowing and loving her.
I know the likelyhood of her being around for many more years is not very good.
I'm grateful our family made the choice to spend this quality time with her at the cabin.
She is such a blessing to us.
I'm grateful for the blessing I have of being a Mother.
I love my children with all of my heart.
There was a time, or two that the possibility of us
even being able to have children looked very slim.
I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for helping us to make that dream a reality.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment