Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tribute to America - Choir Concert

A few months ago, Julia brought me a paper from school to sign up for the choir.
Practices would be every Tues. and Thursday morning at 8 a.m. - 
a half an hour before school starts.
This would go for 3-4 months and then the concert would be held in May.
If I'm being honest, I was hoping I could talk her out of it.
I didn't think she would last long at it.
She isn't the easiest to wake up in the mornings.....
she's a lot like her Mother.
We like to stay up late at night and sleep in in the mornings.
Julia was persistent and really wanted to do this.
We had a little talk.
I told her if we commit to doing something and sign up....
we follow through with it.
I would expect her to get up early and be ready
 and on time and to stay with it until the concert.
She agreed.
We signed up and that was that.
The choir concert was May 6th.
I am so proud of Julia.  So proud.
She never once complained, and got up each practice morning without any problems.
The concert was adorable.
The kids all wore red, white and blue and each song was in tribute to our Country.
My favorite was when the kids sang a medley of each of the theme songs
from every branch of the U.S. Military.
When they sang each song, they asked that members of the audience
stand if they were members of that branch, or had someone in their family serving.
Very touching to witness grandfathers, fathers and other family standing to honor their service.
The concert went 2 nights and Gma D. was with us the second night and Trav 
stood for her for Gpa Davies service and Uncle Spencers.
We just hope he stood on the right songs!
Ha ha.  Not sure which was Air Force and which was Army!
So proud of you Sis and your hard work these last few months!

 
 
 
 
 
God Bless America!

No comments: