
In all the chaos of preparing for our Young Women in Excellence program today, I neglected to post a Happy Birthday to my awesome husband! We celebrated Trav's Birthday on Saturday night by spending some alone time at the Prairie Schooner restaurant. That has been one of our favorites since we were newly married, so I got a babysitter and took him there. It was funny as we sat at dinner thinking back on those early years almost 11 years ago, and wondering how we were ever even able to afford a salad there, with me working at the hospital and him reading gas meters! We opened all of his presents on his birthday this last Mon. the 10th, with the kids and enjoyed listening to Julia sing "Happy Day Daddy" so much, that we sang to Trav all night long!

Okay, here's where it gets a little sappy, so hold on!! In all seriousness, I am so grateful that I am married to this man. How lucky am I that he spends the whole day at work to support our family, making it so I can be home with the kids? Then, after that long day at work, comes home and takes over with some of the areas I have either slacked on or haven't gotten to during the day. Many times he is found doing dishes, making dinner, folding laundry...all the while coaching the kids in all of their sports and being there for them. Just last night, out of nowhere, he had the kids get a few of their friends and took them over to the church to play basketball together. I am in awe at his goodness and his efforts in putting us first.....all the time! I not sure what I did to deserve him, but I am eternally grateful the Lord placed him in my life. Happy Birthday Trav! I love you.....WE love you! (And I realized....we need more pics. of just you!)
2 comments:
Happy B-day Trav! Even though we've never met, I know you're a great person (because I know Sarah could never choose anything less than great)! Hope you had a great day.
Happy Birthday Trav...your getting kind of old :) You two always amaze me. Your both awesome! Hope Evening of Excellence went well..I am just glad ours is over (do you ever feel that way?)
Post a Comment