Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

How did thanksgiving come and go already? I look forward to these days all year, and before you know it they are over. Thus the reason I am almost finished with my Christmas Shopping! I have been working on it since Sept., because I wanted to be able to completely enjoy Christmas this year....taking the kids sledding, seeing the lights, holiday parties and our anniversary.
Thanksgiving was so fun. We were with my family this year and so dinner was at Dad's house. Tradition has always been that I go to his house the day before and we clean and then Dad turns the table over to me to decorate. I think I'm a little weird....because I enjoy this so much. I even went all over the place looking for Andes mints to garnish every plate!! Watch out Martha Stewart! We had an awesome dinner, and then drove Dad's fourwheelers all over the neighborhood! It was a great day!The next day was my USU Merrill Hall #439 Roomie Reunion. We had it at Emelie's house and it was wonderful. Debbie, Nisha, Janelle, Emelie and I were all there with our Husbands and Kids. It was great to see everyone's families and catch up! We have a lot of wonderful memories together....they are great friends. Thanks Debbie and Emelie for putting it together and hosting! Has it really been 11 years? Love you all! What an awesome weekend! Off to get our Christmas Tree tonight! Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great holiday! Happy Birthday today too!

Lori said...

How fun for you to play Martha Stewart! Holy cow, Debbie, Janelle, Emelie, and Nisha all look exactly the same, but with KIDS (that look just like them)!!! Crazy! How fun, hope you had a ball!