So, it seems the tradition in this blogging world around this time, is to make a list of gratitude! What could be more appropriate this week? I have thought a lot lately, with the way the economy is going, about the things I am most thankful for. I really am spoiled rotten....I have more than I probably deserve, but here are a few that I am truly grateful for, and I apologize ahead of time for the length, (feel free to bow out at any time):
1. I am grateful for the little people in my life, ...even when they don't seem very grateful I'm in theirs! They are my whole life....my day revolves around what they are doing next or what need they have that requires me fulfilling it! They are my biggest source of laughter, anger, happiness, frustration, love, and meaning. I love you with all my heart Garrett, Tyler and Julia Bug!

2. I am grateful for a husband, who is not only as
HOT as they come, but funny too! We understand each others humor....as strange as we are, we understand. I love that he knows my thoughts, sometimes even before I do....that lets me know how much he truly does love me...he knows me better than I know myself. I'm grateful that he would rather be with me and the kids more than anywhere else.....(except when BYU football is on!) But, I'm grateful I can over look that without holding a grudge! :) I'm grateful that almost 11 years ago, he asked me to be his for Eternity....How did I rate? (Still trying to figure that one out!) I'm grateful he will stay up late, watching a chick flick I begged him to sit through, while tickling my back and playing with my hair, which always results in me falling asleep and him finishing the flick! I love you Trav!

3. I'm grateful for a home that provides our shelter, even if it is still fairly new, and no one would know it....as the woodfloors are forever damaged from the dogs nails, the walls already need new paint, every door has black fingerprints and smudges, the bedrooms are almost never clean, and the laundry is piled high. None-the-less, I am grateful that I have a home, that we can afford it, and that it is inhabited with those I love, even if they are the source of the above mentioned chaos!
4. I'm thankful for my parents. Don't know where I would be without a gaurdian angel who watches over us daily and gives her influence and love from the other side,

or without a walking answering book, who at any moment can receive a call from his daughter in need and has the answer immediately and if she stumps him, spends the rest of the day searching out the answer till he finds it, in order to help his daughter out! Dad is always there when we need him and he's 99.9 % right.....all of the time!! I love you my sweet parents!

5. I think by now, if any of you are still around, reading this....I've probably worn out my welcome! So, with number 5, I will sum up the other 1,238, 536 things I am grateful for....which are: The Gospel that gives me peace, direction and the opportunity to serve, my family....every single one of them....I love you all (Brothers, Grandparents, in-laws, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles), the Young Women who each week give me hugs or sing in my car as we drive to the next spot of entertainment....and who teach me more than I can ever hope to teach them, my health...even if I'm not the size I desire to be, at least I'm healthy and can move my arms and hands in order to shove in that last chocolate covered cinammon bear, wonderful friends who I know I can count on, confide in, and trust, and last but definitely not least, my Savior and my Heavenly Father....where would any of us be without the knowledge of them in our lives? How grateful I am for the Atonement and the blessings that come through our Savior if we but live good lives.

(Sorry, friends, I don't have a pic. of all of you, just know I love you)
5 comments:
What great things you listed! This truly is a great time of year, to be able to reflect on what is important to us! Love you!
Loved your list...
Great list! It was fun to read your "deep thoughts" Where do you find chocolate covered cinnamon bears at? :)
Looks like I wasn't the only one unable to find the chocolate covered cinnamon bears (until now). Thanks for the reminders of what life is really about. Your Christmas lights aren't on yet? What are you waiting for? Ha!...Happy Thanksgiving!
I have told you this time and time again, but you are such a beautiful person inside and out and you just radiate goodness. I have learned to love you and your family so much and just amire your wonderful relationship with eachother. Happy birthday coming up.
Post a Comment