
11 years ago today I was sealed to my Eternal Companion in the Salt Lake Temple. I cannot believe it has been 11 years....it feels like yesterday! It seems as though time has picked up speed since that day! Every year when this date comes around, I think back on all of the years before and realize what we have been through together, and how grateful I am that Travis is the one I have been through it all with.

When we first got married, we had all of the hopes and dreams of finishing college and experiencing all that life had to offer. After 6 months of marriage, we quickly learned to trust in, and follow the Lord's plan, not ours, as we were told to try for a family due to some medical problems I was having. The possibility of a family was in question. After much answer to prayer, we were blessed with a beautiful family, to which we are very grateful.

We have traveled places, moved, built a home, supported each other in church callings, gone through the challenges of raising a family, experienced job changes, lost family members, struggled and gained financially, laughed and cried....but through it all, we've grown closer and stronger. There is no where I'd rather be, than with my husband and family.

This week at our combined YM/YW activity, we had a dating panel of married couples from all different ages. As I sat there listening to the questions the youth had, and watching them hear the answers, I could see in their faces that they were thinking of, and possibly dreaming about the day that would be them. I remembered being in their shoes, dreaming of who I'd marry and how life would be. I was so grateful that I was able to sit there and know that my dream had been fulfilled. I was married to the person I had always hoped for.... One that would treat me with love and respect, would honor his priesthood, would take me to the temple and be a good husband and father. The definition of the word "Bliss" is - Extreme Happiness. I believe I have been in "Bliss" for the last 11 years. Sure, we have had our differences and our struggles, and life is definitely not always easy...but have I been Extremely Happy....YES! Happy Anniversary Trav. You are the love of my life and I can't wait to see what the next 11 years bring!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy for both of you! I'm glad your life is Bliss! You deserve it.
Happy 11th Anniversary. May the next 11 be better than the first and so on and so on....
YAY for 11 years! I am with you on the bliss and wish you nothing but more of it!
Wow, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I can't tell you how happy I am that you're so happy with each other. I love you guys! What a special couple you are!
Kari
Wow, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I can't tell you how happy I am that you're so happy with each other. I love you guys! What a special couple you are!
Kari
Post a Comment