Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We have had such a fun Christmas so far! Growing up, my dad started a tradition of taking us skiing on Christmas Eve. The point of this was to get us REAL tired so we would burn our energy on the slopes and go to bed early for him! Well, since my kids haven't learned to ski yet...and wanting to burn their energy....my brother Spencer and his wife rented all of us snow shoes and we went up Farmington Canyon to go sledding! We made it up there for about 45 mins. and then the wind kicked up so bad...blowing snow all over us, that we headed back to our cars, drove to dad's, ate lunch and went home. It was beautiful though and the kids had a great time and we were there long enough to get them tired! Thanks Chub for the awesome idea!That night, the kids got their new jammies, we opened the gifts they bought for all of us at the school store, read Christmas stories, got Santa's cookies ready and went to bed! Only to wake up to this...Garrett and Tyler FINALLY got the Nintendo DS that they have been asking for, for years now! Along with Legos, Basketballs and clothes.
Then there is little Sis. Travis made her the dang cutest kitchen set ever! (If I can say that without bragging too much about him!) But truly....the one I wanted was on back order till Feb. and so the people that did have them, were selling them for crazy amounts of money! I talked Trav into making one and he didn't think he could! Well, the proof was there Christmas morning! And....Julia has loved it! My Grandpa made the cabinet for my mom when she was little, then I got it as a little girl, and now my little one has it! Trav made the Fridge and the Stove/sink! Julia has been making us Hamburgers and fries for the last 2 days now!It was such a fun and exciting day! Hope you all had a Very, Merry Christmas too!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Travis, I know you already said no, but will you please think about it if we have a girl? That is AWESOME! Merry Christmas!

Megan said...

Looks like a fun day! I love that kitchen and Garrett's face as he holds the Nintendo DS! Pure bliss! LOL! Glad you had a great holiday! Happy New Year! Come see Casey anytime......and tell him to please poop outside......**sigh**

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am speechless... I am one of those crazy parents who bought direct from the store (the red retro version) -- but my goodness, I had no other choice -- you guys have some talent!

Lori said...

Trav, it's time you start your own business! I'm impressed. I hope your Christmas was great!

Kari said...

What a treat to peek in on your Christmas morning. I can't believe Travis built that kitchen, the stove is the sweetest thing I've ever seen - you'll be passing that on to your granddaughter for sure. Happy Christmas day!

Kari