Monday, November 16, 2009

Ode to School Lunch!

Every now and then Trav stops in and has lunch with the boys at school. Afterwards, he plays basketball with them and their friends at recess. They love it when Dad comes to lunch. This morning, he made plans to go with them today. I decided I didn't want to miss out on the fun, so Julia and I joined them! As soon as the tray was in my hands, and we sat at the table.....flashbacks started flooding in! I was so glad to see that not much has changed in 20 years! The Green beans were still ice cold, the Chicken Sandwich was dry as a bone, and sucking the chocolate milk through the teeny tiny straw still causes a load of pressure in your head and sore cheeks! The funny thing is.....there was even the kid sitting across from us, who we didn't even know....telling us all his favorite parts of all his favorite movies! The conversation started with him looking at me, and out of the blue he says, "Hey....you seen the movie UP?" From there, he never quit talking and next thing I knew.....Trav and Garrett were already headed out to play basketball, while Julia and I were stuck talking Transformers with the boy across the table! CLASSIC! I enjoyed every minute! Don't let the chance to go to "School Lunch" pass you by.....you'll be glad you went!(This is my buddy across the table)

5 comments:

Franklin Times said...

Oh the days!! Both when I was in Elementary, and going to eat with the kids. The food I would prefer to leave, but the moments I'll take! Just think.. in a few years they'll be coming home for school lunch to be with you. I am loving those days too, (even if it is costing me more a month~ since she brings 4-5 girls with her!)

Merinda said...

That is so sweet and cute. That totally brings me back flashbacks of when I would get the opportunity to do that with my children sometimes. Wow, that kid you sat by, he needs some friends. Guess you will have to go eat lunch by him every day. You are so darn sweet. Loves.

Megan said...

That is so cool that you guys do that! They will always remember it! For sure! I remember round little blops of peanut butter for your roll; which used to be homemade! Ahhhh. Nice.

Heather said...

I can't wait to be able to try it out next year!

Journey of the Davies said...

that is such a good idea to go to school lunch with your kids. One day when I have kids I want to eat school lunch with them.