Time is quickly becoming something I recognize as a blessing and a curse.
It is a blessing that we have time to be with our kids,
but the time we have with them, is going so, so quickly.
Some days I look at them, or we hit some milestone,
and I realize that is just one more second they are closer and closer to being out on their own.
Every year, with the starting and ending of school, I have these sentiments.
It always throws me when they start a new grade and before you know it.....
they're ending it and moving on to the next.
Come this fall, we will have 2 in Jr. High.
Once they are in Jr. High and in Young Men's,
it becomes more and more evident that time is slipping away.
Those years go so quickly.
This last week of school brought with it a lot of end of year activities and programs.
Sis had a Chinese Singing program and speech contest.
She wasn't super comfortable participating in the Chinese Speech contest yet,
so she was only part of the singing.....which was great!
Austy helped me with my good Nikon Camera, by ruining my lens......
so all these pics were taking from the back of the gym with my cell phone and not so good!
A few days later was the annual "Spring Fling" (May 28th),
where each grade/class performs a dance outside for the parents.
Ty couldn't have been more thrilled about this one! Ha ha
Later that afternoon we were invited to Julia's class to watch her Lion and the Mouse Play.
She was the Lion and did a great job!
Both of her brothers were that same part in that same play at that age and in that class!
We Burke's make great Lions!
May 29th was Ty's 6th grade graduation.
They started off handing out a few awards......
Arts and Music were first...
Ty's name was called.....we laughed a little over that, and when the program was all finished,
Ty walked up to me laughing and said, "I'm not sure how or why I got this one!"
Those 2 subjects are not his favorite....but he's guessing he got that one because his music
teacher is always telling him "He has a Male Dominant Voice!"
After they were finished handing those out, a woman from the Clearfield Kiwanis club spoke
She talked about how there are those among us that are leaders, who are honest and good and
are examples to those around them.....
after talking to the kids for a few minutes she went on to hand out the
Hope of America Award.
Before we knew it.....Ty's name was being called!!!
We were so proud of Ty!
The cool thing of it is......Trav received the Hope of America award when he was that age too!
Pretty neat recognition for Ty.
His teachers have always loved him, and he truly is all those things he was awarded for.
Ty has always had a very kind heart and is respectful and helpful to others.
They also awarded Ty with the Presidential Award for Academic Achievement.
Big day for Ty!
More importantly.....Ty is a wonderful Example to his little brother who idolizes him!
This is Ty's Self-Portrait he drew!!
I loved it!
May 30th was the last day of school.
Cannot believe how the kids have grown and all they've accomplished!
Julia and Mrs. Golde
We were sad we missed a last day of school picture with Julia's Chinese teacher, Mrs. Lin.
She had already left to go back to Taiwan.
Look at the insane Growth Ty had.
At the first of the year, Mrs. Stark came above Ty's ear.....
Now she's just barely over his shoulders!
Mrs. Stark was made the Assistant Principal during the school year,
So Ty was lucky to get Mrs. Griffin for the rest of it.
After I thanked Mrs. Griffin and Mrs. Stark, I walked down the hall of the
Elementary with tears streaming down my face.
I wish I could keep my kids little longer.
So hard to realize Ty will be in Jr. High and Julia will be the only one left at the Elementary
for a while until Austy comes and takes the place by storm.
I am so proud of the year our kids have had. Garrett brought his grades up to a 3.8, Sis improved by leaps and bounds in her reading, and Ty had almost a perfect report card as well.
I'm always pleased when teachers have great things
to say about how our kids are outside of our home.
I hope and pray they will always be good, and that they will always be successful.
Most importantly, I hope they will make wise choices and surround themselves by good people,
so they will always be worthy of all the blessings that await them!
Happy Summer!

1 comment:
I know exactly how you feel. Emily is starting Highschool next year and I am sure I am not old enough to have a kid in highschool. But, at the same time I am excited for her and all that she is doing and is going to do. Everyone always says that the time goes by so fast, but I didn't realize it was this fast. those first 18 years seemed to take so long at times when I was going through them. Now I just wonder what I am forgetting to teach them. You are a great mom Sarah and your kids are amazing. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment